Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
8681 - 8700 of 8701 Posts

·
Registered
General Contractor
122 Posts
This was 25ish years ago. I was green. Wood framing, cheap prehung hollow core doors. Case 1 side, slam it into opening, nail it off with casing, case other side. Scatter busted shims around to make super think you were actually using shims.
Learned a lot in the couple months I worked for that company.
Found better mentors to work with.
LOL

“You already done nailing off the roof?”

“Yessir,” (throwing a half box of nails/staples into the dumpster.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You guys provided my daily does of morning laughter 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have one like that, technically it's the bathroom door converted to a barn door.

It's funny, people not used to it tend to try to pull the door open to get out...

Small half bath, with laundry, original door. Laundry installed years ago, maybe seventy years ago, bathroom probably 100 years ago when there was a major renovation.

When we first moved in '07, laundry connections were there. Door opened in. We installed front loaders stacked. Couldn't open the door all the way. Took the door off. Hung a shade on the rear door and closed the door to the kitchen for privacy.

Turning it to a barn door keeps the original, and can easily go back to the way it was.

And not at all inclined to make it a pocket door.

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
64,326 Posts
Red and green compliment each other.... :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
64,326 Posts

·
1 on 2
Mason
2,258 Posts
That a slider instead of a single/double hung. 😂 Weep holes are on the sides. Bucket of caulk.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
HOLY SHIITE!!!!
I couldn't see the problem because, ya know, I'm dumb to this stuff, but....

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone. I can see all the obstacles in your way. Somebody needs a new job.🤣🤣🤣

8681 - 8700 of 8701 Posts