Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
8581 - 8600 of 8641 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
isn't there water in that pipe ,in the well head .or is it down lower in the earth ?
Those are electrical boxes on either end, I’m not certain how low the pitless adapter is, but I found in the craw space where it more than likely froze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Contractor
4,782 Posts
Is that well head abandoned? Typically see 1” or 1-1/4” pipe at the top to send the water to the rest of the system (pressure switch, pump saver, pressure tank..).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Remodel
32,940 Posts
Up here, you typically have an outer sleeve which may or may not stick up like that, then the actual water pipe iinside run below grade so it doesn't freeze.

The head gives a place for the electric and a way to pull the pump out if needed.

·
Registered
811 Posts
If any of you were wondering how to recess a tub with minimal framing, then look no further. These pictures show what can be done without a rational thought (there is another 2x4 support on the backside of the tub that is hidden, just to make sure the tub is fully supported).
Pipeline transport Automotive tire Wood Valve Gas
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive lighting
Brown Wood Tints and shades Gas Beam

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
60,309 Posts
I think they could have gotten away with a 2x3 instead of that bulky 2x4

·
Registered
GC
1,394 Posts
It has a trap, a vent, what looks like some frayed romex on the copper supply, and even some duct tape. Joists are just for people that don't know any better.
I'd say they checked every box for an astoundingly lucrative lawsuit.

·
Pro
7,259 Posts
Dude at church. Hey, so I had a gun safe moved into the house on the main floor. The guys said it might weigh 6-700 lbs. Do you think it will be ok?

Me. What kind of joists? How far from the wall? Dimensions of the safe bottom?

No, 700lbs plus another 300lbs in guns and ammo is not ok to set on 2 joists. Immediately put posts under the floor. Might even need to investigate how much deflection is in it now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
60,309 Posts
Without those supports, it's a possibility.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It has a trap, a vent, what looks like some frayed romex on the copper supply, and even some duct tape. Joists are just for people that don't know any better.
I'd say they checked every box for an astoundingly lucrative lawsuit.
It's tough to see from the pic, but the line that looks frayed is coax cable with a glob of dust on it.

8581 - 8600 of 8641 Posts