Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
8561 - 8580 of 8585 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Found this in the bathroom I'm currently doing. Looks the the framers forgot there was a toilet that needed to go in. Those 2x4s were in with 6s. Still can't figure out the 3 doubles in 16"

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Demo
860 Posts
Found this in the bathroom I'm currently doing. Looks the the framers forgot there was a toilet that needed to go in. Those 2x4s were in with 6s. Still can't figure out the 3 doubles in 16"

“Back when lumber weren’t so dear, we use ta double up everything just to get ridda the stuff.”

·
Registered
GC
1,029 Posts

Am I seeing three fixtures and no vents?

·
Registered
Remodel
31,175 Posts

Only had double hangers.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
notice in some places the construction adhesive seems to of not stuck .
Waiting to hear from OP on where the vent pipes are hidden .

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
notice in some places the construction adhesive seems to of not stuck .
Waiting to hear from OP on where the vent pipes are hidden .
Vent was there, used to be a dead wall for the shower

A lot of the subfloor glue didn't do anything. I'm sure they ran it long before the plywood was put down

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,745 Posts
I have a solution. Move to Florida or Texas.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
We are full up down here stay put. Hell we’re sending 30,000 mescans around the country & are bringing 25,000 over to poke bus ride & all for free

Mike

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had to explain to him that usually the electric doesn’t freeze! they even had straw bills stacked around the pipes last winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8561 - 8580 of 8585 Posts