Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
8541 - 8560 of 8585 Posts

·
Pro
6,137 Posts
I hate temporary posts. They end up getting pulled without care for keeping the structure level.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
Some cable company came and ran cable from alley pole underground my property to my meter pole with out me asking forit. Thought about pulling it up but didn't.
If you signed up for their service, I'm sure if you look in the fine print, you gave them an easement to install on your property.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,007 Posts
If you signed up for their service, I'm sure if you look in the fine print, you gave them an easement to install on your property.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thats the problem don't use their service, cable is just coiled up each end not connected.

·
Pro
187 Posts
As I'm reading this and viewing these... This pops up in my news feed as an "alert".

A reminder as to why we have building codes, etc.

Irony at its finest.
Actually coincidental, and not irony at all.
Map Font Parallel Screenshot Terrestrial plant

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,590 Posts
As I'm reading this and viewing these... This pops up in my news feed as an "alert".

A reminder as to why we have building codes, etc.

Irony at its finest.
Actually coincidental, and not irony at all. View attachment 513173

Are you saying there were no inspections of the building? That it was built outside of code?

Or,

Are you hinting that inspections and building codes are useless?

I'm confused by your statement:

"A reminder as to why we have building codes, etc."

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,750 Posts
Ya, and a bridge collapsed in DC... What's the point? All these things were inspected when built. Probably overly so. But lack of maintenance is the issue when these things age. Might not even be lack of attention but lack of funds. The attention might be there but the repairs are out of reach of the owner(s) or govt.

·
Pro
187 Posts
Outside of code, poorly maintained, who knows....

My knee jerk, of the cuff guess:
Spalling concrete due to rusting rebar from the salt air caused the first floor concrete columns to fail.

A few years back, I worked up an estimate for an oceanfront home in Malibu, CA for the same thing.... it didn't fall, yet. The columns went into the sand and were subject to the ocean water every day.

·
Registered
Demo
860 Posts
Pasted from my failed thread.

Who needs a header when you’ve got a pt 4x4 in the shed? What it lacks in depth of beam, it makes up for in nail size. Product enlarged to show texture, ear plug for scale.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,750 Posts
You don't need that post.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,750 Posts
Must be bowling ball storage upstairs. No matter where you put a bowling ball it'll go to that spot on the floor.

·
Registered
Demo
860 Posts
I did find what looked like an old laundry shoot that was covered over by the ceiling. Maybe the bowling ball dispenser?

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,024 Posts
Not sure what the hell kind of sump pump set up this is but it ain't working.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

8541 - 8560 of 8585 Posts