Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

8521 - 8540 of 8540 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
From another photo, looked like they used PT for their rafters, too. That thing was even more to heavy than it needed to be

Definitely agree on the bracing. I'm guessing there was no plans or permits on this one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
GC
709 Posts
Saw this on Facebook. They are selling all the lumber from their collapsed car port...

Other than it being unbraced, and the siding put on horizontally, and the dumb ass bald gable, they almost got it right.

·
Registered
GC
709 Posts
Why not hook a tractor up to the side and pull 'er back to plumb?
I've actually done that, twice. One was a carport that had knee braces that didn't hold up when the owner tried to park his truck under it, the second time a box truck backed into it. Two different carports in the same development.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Andy, glad to see you took some time off from your porch to get this job in...

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I've never seen orange coax readily available, that's what the installers use

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
They sub burying the lines here, always have. Takes months sometimes, then they just throw dirt over it. Can’t have a guy do more than 1 task now. Much less pick up a shovel

Mike

·
Registered
371 Posts
Must be how they train them now

AT&T did this also to our street when we finally gained access to their Gigapower fiber optic 1K speed. One guy ran the line and left it exposed and then the following week a separate crew came with the trencher and buried it. Zooming in on pic says Buried CATV

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
It's my mom's neighborhood, next time we go for a walk I'll see if it's still like that. That was over a month ago

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
6,771 Posts
Some cable company came and ran cable from alley pole underground my property to my meter pole with out me asking forit. Thought about pulling it up but didn't.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I had mine replaced 4 times normally laid across the road, last time it was laid across the road and 3 houses down. After having to repair it once I was pissed had to wait days ended up getting a supervisor's cell number they would arrive within 30 minutes. After the 4th time being repaired I said it's been 3 months you need to bury the line 2 days later they buried it.

That day I see cops at the neighbor's down street he's anal guess he thought he could stop them. Found out he purposely damaged the line because it was going across his driveway and yard can't say I blame him but told him don't do it again cause you're cutting off internet to my house. He apologized but hey it got the line buried.

·
Unregistered learner
51 Posts

My electrician sent me this today at his jobsite (NOT one of mine). The mason’s laborer pulled the supports holding it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8521 - 8540 of 8540 Posts