Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts

I really wish I had pics of the hand formed concrete moat around the foundation to shuttle water away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That **** is awesome! As a fence contractor I'm constantly reminded how f*^%ed 'easy' stuff can get when jackasses are involved. Lots of people trying to be the cheapest on this kind of stuff; not me- funny to always see the competitions work- surprised they don't have a little '-------- fence co.' sign on it.

I WANT MOAT PICS http://img.contractortalk.com/smilies/clap.gif

·
Registered
334 Posts
Looks like I have some competition lately but this is a LITERAL wall of shame. Irony is that the 'landscape contractor' named this job 'The Great Wall'. First pic was their first try, next pic is their 'repair'. Also tried to screw the clients out of at least 20k- go figure. Fence in the background of pic 2 is mine........

Wood Tree Plant Rock Art
Wall Stone wall Brickwork Rock Brick

·
Registered
334 Posts
Footing would've given them another thing to F up....... would have been even worse. Jackasses broke a skid steer windshield on attempt #1 then dropped one trying to disassemble that hit a planter and almost the client,(who was standing there wondering WTF).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nice stone blocks too.

In the hands of someone who knew what they were doing, it’s could’ve been real nice.

😔
Nice silver lining! Mason friend of mine said he'd fix it for free when he came to quote 'matching' patios and walkways. Said he couldn't handle even looking at it again...... and he's not capable of 'matching' that s*&t.

·
Registered
334 Posts
In the first pic I could have pushed the whole top course off by hand with minimal effort...... not as dramatic but the steps are sweet too- treads range from 11"-24".... I'll see if I have pics.

·
Registered
334 Posts
From back in the day when knee high gutters were standard..... Only catching about 800 square feet of roof; 1.5m in Boulder. Quick glance around and and holy chit- wish I took pictures of it all, full 3" wide crack and about 6" heave on the whole garage slab, etc.....

1st house, 'starter' home

·
Registered
334 Posts
Reminds me of a job repairing strucure and laying new trex on a porch..... they could never figure out why it was moldy right in front of the door. Turns out their sump discharge was just stubbed right there for 12 years. It was a cookie cutter subdivision with the same errors on every house.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts