Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

The secret to business success.

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  CA Contractor 
#1 ·
Call people back!

As I mentioned in another thread, I recently bought an old Victorian place that needs work. Not gonna do it all myself, I'm in the process right now of deciding what I'll do and what I sub out. So I'm calling contractors for those other jobs. I tell ya, a lot of them must be already independently rich 'cause I would say that at least half that I leave messages for never call back. Some I even call twice, but if I have to beg them I don't want 'em.

On the other hand, a few call back same day, in the evening if they have to, and demonstrate an eagerness to meet, talk about my needs, produce a quote, ready to go to work. Not surprisingly I'm noticig that the guys who seem to be doing well and have a professional-looking outfit are the ones that call back. Apparently, that's all it takes.

#2 ·
Call people back!

As I mentioned in another thread, I recently bought an old Victorian place that needs work. Not gonna do it all myself, I'm in the process right now of deciding what I'll do and what I sub out. So I'm calling contractors for those other jobs. I tell ya, a lot of them must be already independently rich 'cause I would say that at least half that I leave messages for never call back. Some I even call twice, but if I have to beg them I don't want 'em.

On the other hand, a few call back same day, in the evening if they have to, and demonstrate an eagerness to meet, talk about my needs, produce a quote, ready to go to work. Not surprisingly I'm noticig that the guys who seem to be doing well and have a professional-looking outfit are the ones that call back. Apparently, that's all it takes.
What text are you leaving on these calls?

Are you saying that you are a contractor doing work on your own home and would like them to offer some bids for work you are not up to doing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.