Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Certified Remodeler
3,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious, if not a contractor what would you have been?

I am a musician and was heavy into composing and performing, but I grew up in a family of stonemasons and went into building.

Rory told me he was going to be an investigative reporter, but he couldn't find the address of the newspaper that was going to interview him for the job, so he got into construction.

Any stories out there?

·
Banned
846 Posts
I'm a 10th generation landscaper. This is pretty much my destiny. I was born in Germany and likely would have worked at the palace gardens in Hessen like all the generations before me if I hadn't immigrated to the US.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I want to be Paul's Political Campaign Manager if push comes to shove.

Ed

Since we all really know Paul's alias is named Pedro, Let the campaigning go forth. Vote For Pauldro.

Let the campaign begin. Any Challengers?

Pauldro says; Thank you for nominating me.

Pauldro and his campaign manager making the rouds collecting as many votes as possible.

·
Banned
846 Posts
Can't get a real Unimog in the US. European truck standards are different from the US. I'd love to have a Mog or a small Mercedes stakebody.

·
Banned
846 Posts
I was replying to Warner but I forgot the quotes.

·
Where's my coffee?
92 Posts
I'm a third generation builder. Grandpa built the railroad, pop was a professional painter & a handyman, and I work on churches.
Hmm, never really thought of any "alternatives"... maybe a professional tool tester?
Ya, I'm a toolwhore!:clap:

·
Banned
846 Posts
I guess if I could do anything else it would be... conquer the French.

Reactions: naptown CR

·
Banned
846 Posts
No no no. Those are Mogs, but they're expedition campers, ex-military trucks, or farmers tractors. I'm talking about vocational trucks.

This is the Atego. My Uncle Reinhold runs a roofing company and has one of these. Very nice truck. It's safe, reliable, and delivers exceptional fuel economy.

http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content...owroom_by_model/atego_nav/atego/overview.html

This is the U20. The German equivelant of a 1 ton truck. It'll pull a locomotive up the Alps in low range, then cruise 130mph on the Autobahn. You can mow, dig, trench, haul, and do all sorts of things with it.

http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content...ome/system_unimog/showroom_by_model/u_20.html

Mercedes makes the best trucks in the world.

·
Banned
846 Posts
I can't help my desire to conquer the French. It's genetic.

·
Banned
846 Posts
Dude, your German sucks. Did you use a crappy online translation program to come up with that?

·
Registered
514 Posts
:laughing: Nope that's about all I remember from H.S. German class. It sucked back then too. I was just trying to see if you are actually telling the truth about being from Germany or if this is just another one of your lies.:w00t:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts