Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Two days ago I call an arborist to come give me a quote to have the tree below removed...I waited for him to show today and nothing...I am standing there with my hand on my butt...I called both his office/home and his cell phone from the job site and they both ignore my call...I hope he rots in :censored:....:furious:...rant off

BTW...that tree is 10 feet around....:eek:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks like a straight forward removal. Some climbing and rigging involved, but not too bad. You'll find an arborist to do it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a straight forward removal. Some climbing and rigging involved, but not too bad. You'll find an arborist to do it.

I know I will...but in the pic is the homeowner and the town official who is loaning her the Obama dollars to have that and some remodeling work done...I looked like a complete ass...:furious:

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe because it's 3' away from,
and leaning towards the house?

BTW: Thanks for the link.
That and the power lines run directly through the branches...she says a fire starts in the tree once a year...:w00t:

It was probably a sweet little oak when the house was built.
She said it was a big tree when she move in 35 years ago..:laughing:

But now she will be able to get all that hot sun:whistling
The house is located 100 yards from the beach...they live for the sun...:shifty:

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you need some help/advice on removing the tree let me know. I'm a certified arborist. Did my training in Stuttgart. That seems like a fairly basic removal. Depending on access you could top it climbing or from a bucket truck.

Powerlines aren't as hard to work around as people think. It's mostly common sense and being able to predict what the tree will do as you remove weight from it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
so... we really dont need Moses to burn THAT bush, eh?

I hate when someone breaks an appointment... Must be real bizzy eh? I figure around here.... clean up and the stump would run an easy 3 grand... how bout there? Interested to see what that'll bring.... Would you say theres about 60 to 80 feet total height?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you need some help/advice on removing the tree let me know. I'm a certified arborist. Did my training in Stuttgart. That seems like a fairly basic removal. Depending on access you could top it climbing or from a bucket truck.
Thank you for the offer...but that tree is leaning heavily towards the house

Powerlines aren't as hard to work around as people think. It's mostly common sense and being able to predict what the tree will do as you remove weight from it.
Famous last words...:laughing:...the most important bit of common sense one should have is to know your limitations and let the professionals do what they do best...and the consequences of not taking this advise, are dire...:notworthy

Tree guy gota put food on the table too...:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so... we really dont need Moses to burn THAT bush, eh?

I hate when someone breaks an appointment... Must be real bizzy eh? I figure around here.... clean up and the stump would run an easy 3 grand... how bout there? Interested to see what that'll bring.... Would you say theres about 60 to 80 feet total height?

No...it's not busy around here at all...I have no idea what that would cost to remove...hence the call to the tree fly....:blink:....without a doubt, 60 to 80 ft ..it's a bigin...:w00t:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Asplundh does tree removal for powerlines around here. They suck at trim work, they're real tree butchers. Full on removal is ok though, you need to be there to ride em about cleaning up the site. Otherwise you'll be stuck with a mess. Asplundh is nationwide. Give em a ring to see if they're in your area. 1-800-248-TREE.

http://www.asplundh.com/index.htm

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
And if you are really concerned about the juice, call the power co. They'll kill the line free of charge while the work is done. At least they do here, anyway.

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
Famous last words...:laughing:...the most important bit of common sense one should have is to know your limitations and let the professionals do what they do best...and the consequences of not taking this advise, are dire...
Words to live by. And when not heeded, words to die by.

·
Registered
440 Posts
And if you are really concerned about the juice, call the power co. They'll kill the line free of charge while the work is done. At least they do here, anyway.
Same here. Whether it's before or after the Second Coming of Christ is anybody's guess.:laughing:

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Looks like the power co. would at least top that tree to clear the lines. They do here.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Asplundh does tree removal for powerlines around here. They suck at trim work, they're real tree butchers. Full on removal is ok though, you need to be there to ride em about cleaning up the site. Otherwise you'll be stuck with a mess. Asplundh is nationwide. Give em a ring to see if they're in your area. 1-800-248-TREE.

http://www.asplundh.com/index.htm
Same here. Whether it's before or after the Second Coming of Christ is anybody's guess.:laughing:
Looks like the power co. would at least top that tree to clear the lines. They do here.
Since they are all along the same lines, thought I would agree. Just had a couple of 175 year old Maples cut in front of our church. They were starting to lose some branches and the congregation was getting nervous.

Power company says..emmmmm not really our responsibility, but since it's a church. They called Asplundh:laughing:. They limbed it and dropped them and we had a work bee to clean up the mess.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts