Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is an estimate for a commercial account what do you think?

type + for estimate is too high
type - for estimate too low

lol thanks buds, nobody needs a logo or graphic or anything? :Thumbs:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ProWallGuy said:
Doesn't look bad, but a lot of that stuff, I don't do, so I don't know if it's accurate or not.

One question, 3 doors, sand and varnish, just one coat?
$175 for a coat sounds + .

Thanks buddy just changed it to the 1.50 sq ft charge :Thumbs:

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
It's not real specific (says paint, not paint 1 coat so I'll assume it's a one coat repaint)...
...the dormers seem low, but maybe you're dormers are not like some of our "House of Seven Gables" nightmares
$150 for a repaint on a commercial door seems high, but maybe there's more brush work than I think
$100 seems high to re-attach a 20 ft downspout
The Ext. Window frames seems low...

I'm just going +-+-+- here aren't I?
It probably all =s out just fine :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Looks pretty inexpensive for my area.

·
Registered
313 Posts
For a "do-all" quote that looks to be bailing out a commercial GC, I'd say you're low. I would advise you to double your price and then let them talk. I would avoid revealing unit pricing, and if they insist, explain that this is a special project for which such standards of unit pricing do not exist.

All of you listen at me here. The trick with pricing work for commercial GC's is not about what it takes to do the job, but rather to find out what they are willing to pay.

Another alternative would be to double your price, call it a "not to exceed" number, and perform the work at Time and Material. Your wage number in the Southeast would be around $45 a manhour. The beauty of this arrangement is that the GC has a hard number he can account for, and that you are motivated to perform because if you drag ass around you are getting into your own pocket.

My half cent. Two cents will require a change order, lol.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
GCMan said:
All of you listen at me here. The trick with pricing work for commercial GC's is not about what it takes to do the job, but rather to find out what they are willing to pay.
Thanks for the valuable tip
All of my commercial dealings so far have been with the owner or lessor
I'm sure I will be doing work for, or at least a chance to do work for, a commercial GC at some point, and I will definately keep your "trick" in mind

1 - 13 of 13 Posts