Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Why should he stick with the fein? Reason I'm asking is because I'm hoping my Bosch dies soon so I can buy the new festool one.

·
Registered
13,376 Posts
Bringing this back, anyone have some new photos to add?

I've been on an organizational kick lately, ever since I got my first two Festools and finally got a chance to check out the systainer system. Now I have grand aspirations of fitting all my worldly possessions in expensive gray boxes.

And one orange box. Last night I ordered the Fein Supercut packaged in an orange Fein T-LOC systainer.

View attachment 163706

Edit: Crap, now I'm thinking of canceling that order. I didn't realize the Vecturo was available without the attachments, making it a very similar price. Somehow I'd only seen it as a package deal with the other stuff.
This is the Festool Sys for the Vecturo set.

Tom

Attachments

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
That the systainer with the attic?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
THE OFFICIAL Contractor Talk Systainer/sortainer Set-up Thread

Here's a Domino Sys2 with the stuff that's been clanking around in one of two CLC bags in my truck. I think the other bag will get replaced with a Sortainer.

Drawer Furniture

Toolbox Box Tool Set tool Drawer

·
GC/carpenter
43,890 Posts
All the time some on here spend building little homes for their tools, or boxes for their boxes. When do you find time to do jobs to make any money?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
All the time some on here spend building little homes for their tools, or boxes for their boxes. When do you find time to do jobs to make any money?
I built 11 sys carts and ended up adding real drawers and using them in my apartment.

If your average work day involves a bunch of different tools vs a drill a saw a sawzall… you'll want to spend extra time to be organized.

·
Registered
13,376 Posts
Spent about a month on these. A little here, a little there. These are easy to build from scrap. Now that you can buy the drawers premade makes this a no brainer.

When I was spraying cabinets I hit these.

Organization makes more money over time. I made these mobile so I can roll the entire stack in the trailer.

Tom

·
GC/carpenter
43,890 Posts
I think if I had to roll up everyday I'd have all those portable carts and containers as well. I use a boatload of tools building decks but the difference is I'm in secure backyards. At the end of the day I just drop my bags and unplug the cords. I rarely even worry about weather. I could be on one deck for three weeks without putting one tool away or rolling up any cords until the end of the job.

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Tom let me know how they hold up when being driven around. I'm about to buy a transit to kit out with the draws and Systainers but worried about them not holding up in the van.
Nice. As soon as I decide to buy a trailer you decide to buy a transit. :laughing: I assume you're selling the trailer? and truck?

I got pricing on transits a few months ago but didn't want to part with my 4x4 and couldn't justify that much money in wrapped up in two different vehicles....so I decided to give a trailer a try.

I'm looking forward to see what you come up with for your storage solutions. :thumbup:

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
I think if I had to roll up everyday I'd have all those portable carts and containers as well. I use a boatload of tools building decks but the difference is I'm in secure backyards. At the end of the day I just drop my bags and unplug the cords. I rarely even worry about weather. I could be on one deck for three weeks without putting one tool away or rolling up any cords until the end of the job.
I think its kind of a personality thing. I'm the same way. I love tools and I love organization. Its fun to me...which brings me to the next point...it can be a hobby too.

You can be way, way, way more profitable on smaller jobs by being able to deploy tools quickly and have what you need at your fingertips. Some guys waste over $100 in labor day in day out just making trips back and forth and looking for things they can't find.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts