Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
How do you like that omer? I've been eyeballing one for a while.
Only used it for a day so far. I like it better than my grex 1850gb. I think the old max st18/nf255 is still the best.

Anyway it's a smooth gun. Good driving power. I look forward to using it more.

·
Business Owner
242 Posts
THE OFFICIAL Contractor Talk Systainer/sortainer Set-up Thread

Well this thread inspired me to order a four drawer Sortainer today for my CXS, now the only question is will my only CXS get lonely and need another CXS buddy?

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
If you guys order the new Festool oscillating tool as the kit it will come with the attic systainer.. if you don't order the kit it's a normal systainer, so make sure to order the kit it's worth it in the attic systainer alone! :laughing:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Only used it for a day so far. I like it better than my grex 1850gb. I think the old max st18/nf255 is still the best.

Anyway it's a smooth gun. Good driving power. I look forward to using it more.
Yeah ive got the gb and it makes me happier than most guns

I wish i wouldve bought a couple of the max's when they were available :mad: frickin companies moving to chinese manuf

is the nail hole size really small like the green buddy?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I see, never counted the business card holder as one.

Nail hole size is the same as the gb. Thing that killed me with that gun was with 2" nails the driver would slip on the nail head. Also i had to almost always keep the nose pressed hard against the workpiece. I've contacted grex a couple times and they did try to resolve the issue. In the end it just seems the gun doesn't have as much power as I need.

Been through a lot of brad nailers as I'm pretty fussy. The omer seems to be the best of what's out there currently.

·
Registered
52 Posts
finally finished my DIY SYSports this week. Got stuck on the drawers as i didnt want to use the SYS-AZ system, and i still wanted something that looked professional without looking bodged up. the solution was to use 50x25 powdercoated aluminium and machine it up so it could be folded and screwed to a melamine base.

it works very well. I need to make a couple more now and get some more Systainers. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
For some reason Festool USA does not all the insert for the SysMaxi. Cost me about $35.00 with shipping for the insert.

Tom
Really?
That makes about as much sense as selling a helmet without padding. :sad:

It's like "batteries not included" all over again...

·
Registered
13,377 Posts
Really?
That makes about as much sense as selling a helmet without padding. :sad:

It's like "batteries not included" all over again...
The Shinex is sold here in a cardboard box only. I ordered the Shinex, polish, pads, SysMaxi from Tom, then the insert from the UK.

Tom

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
THE OFFICIAL Contractor Talk Systainer/sortainer Set-up Thread

Bringing this back, anyone have some new photos to add?

I've been on an organizational kick lately, ever since I got my first two Festools and finally got a chance to check out the systainer system. Now I have grand aspirations of fitting all my worldly possessions in expensive gray boxes.

And one orange box. Last night I ordered the Fein Supercut packaged in an orange Fein T-LOC systainer.

Tool Machine Grinder Handheld power drill Power tool

Edit: Crap, now I'm thinking of canceling that order. I didn't realize the Vecturo was available without the attachments, making it a very similar price. Somehow I'd only seen it as a package deal with the other stuff.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts