Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys. I think it's a good idea to have one thread devoted to just systainer/sortainer set-ups.

Here we can share all the pics of our set-up's and ideas so we can come back here for reference and ideas.

A one stop shop for tanos/Festool organization I guess you can say ..

Whatcha think?

I'll post some pics when I get a chance tonight.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Rich D. said:
Ok guys. I think it's a good idea to have one thread devoted to just systainer/sortainer set-ups.

Here we can share all the pics of our set-up's and ideas so we can come back here for reference and ideas.

A one stop shop for tanks organization I guess you can say ..

Whatcha think?

I'll post some pics when I get a chance tonight.
Good idea as the so many possible setups with these things. I will go through my pics and find my layouts

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here I have my grk/exterior screw assortment. This works pretty well for me.

ForumRunner_20140531_203701.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
about to undertake a massive re organization of tools which will be into systainers. I have been doing the research and it was a tough choice. Makita have their version of the old systainer, with curved ends, but works out the same cost as Tlock systainers.

Dewalt have not released the TSTAK here in Oz yet, so i couldnt cost compare it.

Lboxx looked ok, but the little red latches were a tad flimsy for the money you pay.

That and the fact the Festool OF1400 router is already in a Tlock systainer, and would not play well with others

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I'l get around to it soon I promise. :whistling

·
Registered
339 Posts
For those posting pics, I'd love to see how loaded or NOT they are, and post if it's mobile field use or not. I'm looking for a SYS rig myself, for in the field mobile use. Which means, if can tip, etc and what issues present itself with loaded up drawers....my SYS won't be garage queens ;-)

·
Artist and not a curator
13,413 Posts
All my festool systainers are carrying festool tools but I use the 9 drawer and 4 drawer sortainers for my drills, bits, and fasteners. Works out nice.

I'll take a picture and put it up but its a pain in the ass to post pictures for me from my phone.

·
Repair & Renovation
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in desperate need of an idea for my Bosch multi x.. currently I have it set up in a systainer 1 with some foam. Does anyone know if a Fein insert will fit the Bosch?

ForumRunner_20140604_073202.jpg

·
Registered
506 Posts
Rich D. said:
I'm in desperate need of an idea for my Bosch multi x.. currently I have it set up in a systainer 1 with some foam. Does anyone know if a Fein insert will fit the Bosch?
I don't know for sure if it will fit but I would think so. I have heard the supercut will work in the MM insert so I would think there's plenty of room for the Bosch

image-694651364.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but are TANOS and FESTOOL systainers stackable on one another? From what I've seen, it looks like they are. I am just looking for confirmation. I'm considering getting my cargo trailer outfitted with systainers and like the option for colors and inserts but I can also see myself jumping on the FESTOOL train with a few of their tools. Thanks in advance.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
This might be a dumb question, but are TANOS and FESTOOL systainers stackable on one another? From what I've seen, it looks like they are. I am just looking for confirmation. I'm considering getting my cargo trailer outfitted with systainers and like the option for colors and inserts but I can also see myself jumping on the FESTOOL train with a few of their tools. Thanks in advance.
Tanos is Festool. So yes, identical.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Ok so here is what I can tell you.
In 2007/08 I went to an All Systainer modular system. I bought 36 empty systaners/ sortainers in addition to those that I already owned from my Festool addiction.

At that time there were no other options (Sortimo/DeWalt) and Tanos had not yet made its way to US shores and- you had to order specialty kit from Germany.

They make a Striking impression on clients and that alone was worth much of the investment cost.

I have found the best use it to make kits task specific even if that means having 2 or more of the same tool stored ready for use in different kits.

Of those 36, 33 are still in operation I cracked2 Sys 3 from falls ( one when my plumbing kit fell out the back of my pickup at 30 mph).I cracked numerous lids from standing on them.

After 7 years The original cream color has Yellowed into something rather unappealing. And many kits have been painted for easy identification.

I dont use them like I did when I was focused on Bathroom remodeling. where they were being pulled in and out of the jobsite on a daily/weekly basis so the wear and tear has tapered off.

I believe that you can expect to get 8-10 years of daily use out of them before they are too ugly, cracked, or other wise ready to be updated/ replaced. I am referring to pretty hard professional use not setting in a sysrack in some shop.

·
Registered
13,137 Posts
Some have pullouts, some waiting for pullouts.

The boxes are mistakes (stained them the wrong color) from a job I did at the beginning of the year. Luckily the width was correct for Systainers, otherwise they would have been fire pit wood.

I agree, stacking and unstacking is a pain.

Tom

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That space looks uninsulated. What are winters like there?

Living up north is such a business disadvantage. Need to insulate and heat and winters slow down.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts