Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen it ..? Any thoughts on the product... ?

It seems hard to get the details of the product.. Are they making it in house or is someone else..?

I guess it is kind of like the Fiberon Horizons or the Correct Deck CX with a cap layer.

Will they keep their other lines ?

http://www.trex.com/

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
No. But I really don't have to see it know I'm staying away from it.

I refuse to install Trex based on WAY too many horror stories from people I respect who have been burned by "Big T".

A warranty is useless if the company issuing the warranty disavows all responsibility for problems related to defective manufacturing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
No. But I really don't have to see it know I'm staying away from it.

I refuse to install Trex based on WAY too many horror stories from people I respect who have been burned by "Big T".

A warranty is useless if the company issuing the warranty disavows all responsibility for problems related to defective manufacturing.
Greg i know they did some bad things in the past but "WHY CAN"T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG" R. King (Calif. State Correction # DSN4398643). I know they will change there ways. Sometimes it takes a class action lawsuit to take away the darkness. Now Geg can you say KUMBAYA

·
Registered
19 Posts
Going to wait for now

The 25 year warranty sounds good but still not sold yet. Found a cool YouTube video highlighting some features of this stuff though featuring cuts and tools banging into the decking.

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
I agree with Greg. No Way T= Junk, ever. They are the complete Outlaws of the business for so many reasons I cant list them all.

They have to say Practley invented because they theived what they got from moisture slield. J.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi AutumnWood:

I am a representative of Trex and would be happy to discuss any questions you may have on our new Trex Transcend product line. Please feel free to contact me directly at 800-BUY-TREX or [email protected].

Pat M
Trex Company

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Well Howdey Pat..again.

Tell me Bro have you done a google on trex problems latley?? Its a good bet all those folks would be real intersted in what your spending the money on.....becides them. JonMon

·
Registered
142 Posts
they can offer a 100 year warranty but will not mean anything if they go bankrupt like all the rest of them... warranties are all smoke and mirror.

Lorne

·
Registered
180 Posts
Transcends belief

I have seen it ...not impressed. Well let me rephrase that...not impressed in a good way.I am no scientist...just a common man,but I can't follow their logic on this one.They have a product that is an obvious faliure (mold,rot,flaking...etc.).They take that very same product (of course it has been chemically altered so none of those problems exist)and put an acryilic cap on 3 sides of it leaving one side totally exposed but hidden under the deck.
Then they put an expensive tag on it because that's what the acrylics come with...come on...capped junk is still junk!!
I told the rep that I still wasn't sold on wood flour composites because of the mold issue...he told me he tells complaining customers that trex didn't sell them the mold....That response to the wrong customer who is out 15-25 thou on a deck might just get you hit...or worse with some people.
So,yeah I have seen it...and i hope the next time I see it isn't at the expense of some hard working American who has to replace it with something that has some value.

·
Sean
5,533 Posts
i'm going to the show tonight i'll give a report on it at least at the stand point of the presentation at the HS, in Philly.
Well Hailey, see it went like this - first he had to drink some Kool Aid that was supposed to make him forget all the bad things he ever heard about Trex, so that he could listen in with an open mind. It was either drink this or else you can't get in. Seeing that he promised us all he would give us his opinion he felt compelled to drink it.

Unfortunately for Mike, he found one of their products that actually works. In fact it works a little to well & he has forgotten about this thread as well as everything else. Most doctors think that the amnesia should only be a temporary condition.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well Hailey, see it went like this - first he had to drink some Kool Aid that was supposed to make him forget all the bad things he ever heard about Trex, so that he could listen in with an open mind. It was either drink this or else you can't get in. Seeing that he promised us all he would give us his opinion he felt compelled to drink it.

Unfortunately for Mike, he found one of their products that actually works. In fact it works a little to well & he has forgotten about this thread as well as everything else. Most doctors think that the amnesia should only be a temporary condition.
Sorry I haven't reported on the home show sooner than this, but it really wasn't any thing new going on there. I just wanted to access the whole concept of spending money to show my wares off at a large convention center. I did look over some of the new stuff, but couldn't find a Trex set up, sean and Hailey. I can't give an accurate opinion with out at least seeing the stuff. If they're out in the PVC market I guess they will be judged by everyone. Only the test of time will tell the real value of there products. Its hard to to forget all the past things, but I really believe in some cases a company can change. I not worried about trex as much as the numbers it cost to display at a big city home show. Some of the guys told me they spent 8,000. But that's a union convention center. Anyway I'm not playing.
They did have a WINE BOOTH. OU LA LA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts