Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
nwingate said:
it has a HUGE Ford Logo right in the center of the tail gate. It makes it kind of hard to put your sign on it.

-Nathan
I've been trying to get my boss to buy me a magnet for the back of my truck. I keep teling him more people see the ass of my truck than the sides of the truck. Still no magnet.

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
I've been trying to get my boss to buy me a magnet for the back of my truck. I keep teling him more people see the ass of my truck than the sides of the truck. Still no magnet.
This is true. I had several pairs of signs made for my truck all at one time.
I took one from an unused pair and slapped it on my tailgate, and my calls from those signs just about tripled.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never understood why more people don't put ads on the back of their vehicles. Of course I REALLY don't understand the people who don't have any signage at all!

-Nathan

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Personally I would much rather have the Chevy 3/4 ton Crew Cab with the Duramax and Allison transmission. Oh.. wait.. that's what I do have. :)

nwingate said:
What do you guys thing of the new Ford F150?
http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150

I love the looks of it but it has a HUGE Ford Logo right in the center of the tail gate. It makes it kind of hard to put your sign on it.

-Nathan

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Right now I drive a nissan frontier. Since I mostly do estimates and when I do transport materials they are very light materials... I just don't need anything larger than a small pu.

I've found many contractors use their truck like a penis extension. "The larger the better."

My mechanic asked why I have a 2wd truck. He said "Nobody buys a 2wd truck!" I said "I don't plan on off roading!" I only have a truck because I refuse to drive a station wagon, and need somewhere to keep my ladder.

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
Grumpy said:
Right now I drive a nissan frontier. Since I mostly do estimates and when I do transport materials they are very light materials... I just don't need anything larger than a small pu.

I've found many contractors use their truck like a penis extension. "The larger the better."

My mechanic asked why I have a 2wd truck. He said "Nobody buys a 2wd truck!" I said "I don't plan on off roading!" I only have a truck because I refuse to drive a station wagon, and need somewhere to keep my ladder.
Off roading has nothing to do with it. It depends on where you live. I live upstate NY and would not even think of buying a 2WD truck. Mud is the worst off roading I will probably see. Very few people actually go off roading any way.
I usually have the bed empty and in the snow, in 2WD the truck is not worth a sh*t. I cannot even make it up a small hill.
I have an F250 with 1 ton suspension and a 7.5 motor. My penis is big enough thank you. I don't even know what to do with what I have.:p
Some of us need bigger trucks. I pull a car trailer and need the heavy truck. I used to pull with an F150 and after I got the 250 I wondered why it took me so long to get the "proper" truck to pull with.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
Anyone with a 2wd up here is just plain silly!
Although I will say its always kinda funny when the snow first hits, and they havn't put on the proper tires.
90% of the vehicles up here are 4wd, and would be 6wd if we could!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I suppose if I were in alaska I would think different but I have had no problems and in the winter time I put a few squares of shingles in the back of my truck and I have no slip issues. I've had the truck for 2 years now and the winters in chicago can get pretty bad (2' of snow is possible) and I never had to get out and push or dig once.

I suppose I am just uses to my low rider sports cars I used to drive, and compared to them anything is an improvement!

I really don't pull anything around. I do sales mostly so my usual haul is a box of brochures or some sample boards etc... I might get adventurous sometimes and pick up a box of roof vents or today I even hauled some tack hammers... OOOO heavy lifting.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
How about a F350 Harley Davidson powerstroke??? 18 inch rims and real leather seating. The F350 King Ranch trucks are nice to.

I'm a Ford diesel guy though so my responce would be partial.

My work truck 99 F250 4x4 x-cab powerstroke
wifes daily driver 00 Excursion limited 4x4 powerstroke
wifes other daily driver 95 Bronco 4x4 351 v8
My wife likes Fords as much as me!!!

Cummins also has a great diesel but they put them in Dodge trucks.

The Duramax/Allison is 10 times better than what GM used to offer in there diesel powered trucks.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
It's intended for racing, and 2wd is all you need for a city vehicle. I've personally no need for a 4wd and wouldn't waste the money on the upgrade. Yeah I agree though the short cab sucks butt. An extendd cab would be killer though.

LOL I should take that truck on my wedding. Why would anyone put the money into building that?! Probably some rapper built it then went broke when his second cd didnt sell :)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I have mentioned that I like vans, my entire fleet is composed of them. Above and beyond keeping things dry and secure they are rolling billboards.
I get 3-4 calls a day from people that see the trucks.
I run 3 businesses, remodeling, marine and window treatments. I use modular inserts inside and magnetic signs outside. I can convert a truck from window treatments to marine in about 20 mins.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Grumpy, I don't think the SRT10 was made for racing only. I bet not even 10% of owners even take it to a track. It's a yuppy thing. Actually more and more yuppies are buying up the fully loaded full size diesel powered trucks. Everday I see tons that are being used for comuter driving. People think that since there neighbor has one parked in there driveway they better buy one to.

I would never even imagine buying a truck or suv without four wheel drive. I don't know many people in my area that run two wheel drive trucks. For what I use my truck for four wheel drive is a must. Ice fishing with the pull behind fish house or the camper is impossible in two wheel drive! The resale value on a two wheel drive rigs is worthless.

I doubt anybody famous built that Ford monster truck. It was more than likely rented out by a company for customers to use on certain occasions. Sort of like a limousine but only bigger.

If you think the SRT10 is fast wait untill Ford comes out with the new Lightning, supposed to have over 500 hp.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Duh who races on a track? LOL When I say racing I meant going from point A to point B really fast. I push my 4 cylinder Nissan Fronteir to 95 on a regular basis (daily). I'm no yuppy by any means and I think it's a nice car. Infact most of the people I know interested in fast cars are not yuppies. Yuppies like imported luxury, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, Audi. They are also into the Oversized SUV's.

I would never imagine buying a truck with 4x4 since I live in the city and all my streets are paved.

I gotta ask who would rent that thing on a regular enough basis to pay for the cost of building it? It's so far off main stream it had to be done by a private party. I can't see the <b>business</b> logic behind building it.

I think the SRT has 550 HP's I could be wrong but I know it has at least 500. I'm sure this could be answered by going back to their site but I'm too lazy.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts