Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

The Girl's Are Breaking Into The Clubhouse....eeeeek!

5K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  pam 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Time to introduce myself, if you haven't read my topic post in "General Discussion", don't, because I was lying.

I'm the wife of the builder. The best builder in the world, by the way. I am in charge of the office and the day to day operations.

I used to get to go on the job-site and help a bit, but I got fired because I was a little bossy to a sub that walked off the job. But then I got re-hired as a donut-bringer - so all is well that ends well.

By trade - I am a writer, mostly free lance political issues, but only as a side-line. I enjoy working on political campaigns at the local and State level and I have developed a program for a fast-track preschool method that is just now begining to be tested on a pilot basis.

I love architecture and design. I love the fact that if I can dream it - my husband can build it for me - with some structural changes, obviously.

I'm married to the most incredible man in the world, have been for 20 years, since we were both nothing more than children.

I love everything about my life.

Except this g*ddamn stinkin' move to Nevada. That I don't love at all.

But, other than that - it's all good.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you Teetor. You seem to be one of the nicest ones here. I know I will run into trouble from some of the men who are not as kind and confident as you. But I have a thick skin.

I greatly appreciate your kindness, and the welcome. I look forward to learning many things from you guys.

#9 ·
JAT -

Welcome... I too am new to the site and a woman... I read your previous introduction that got some people rowled up.... Just a word of precaution (as you may already know) - if you are here it is because you are seeking advice from others in the industry or hopefully giving out good advice yourself... You don't want to be here to let everyone know you work for the greatest builder in the world - because guess what - others may feel they work or are the greatest builder or even the greatest contractor in the world and you would not want to hurt their feelings by bursting their bubble, right?

Reality Check!!

We should all hope we get the opportunity to work along side with or hire contractors that truly are "the greatest" because of their skills and knowledge in what they do.....

Don't cause trouble for yourself, for you may need these men one day.....

#16 ·
woman here

TE=Teetorbilt]Welcome to the club! You won't find a lot of women here but your perspective might be beneficial, we're all here to get a different viewpoint.[/QUOTE]
i am a female contractor in the state of florida and thanks for welcoming us. i have earned alot of respect in this county and love what i do. great pay choose my own hours, and get to tell men where to go. lol. what a life. i am creative as well as knowledgeable and looking to hire all trades. I hand select all of my trades, pay them very well this will keep great help and make you look good. fpm contractors inc. brevard co fla. I am also starting another business with all female trades and of course men with talent.

#23 ·
It's the educated 'neck version. Change the verbage and it plays most anywhere. I originally used it on the 10-3 show as "It's not over until the young lady dies." And recieved a pretty good response from the professional audience. The 3-7 drive home has a neck theme and the neck version went over like the proverbial balloon.

#24 ·
Sorry, I was working late in the shop......about worn out.

You ever mount an old Boston pencil sharpener, you know Teetor the ones we use to have in the one room school house, well I found one and mounted it on my work bench.

I mounted it backwards, it took me about three failed sharpens before I realized the childhood years of right handed cranking and left handed jerking were not just going to go away.:cheesygri

I turned the bugger around.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.