909 Posts
have your cake and eat it too
Land vehicle Vehicle Transport Crane Truck

Reactions: chewy

·
Sophisticated Siding Guy.
528 Posts
I'm facinated by crane's as well.

They are building a bridge here in town across the mighty ohio river. A dozen cranes working in tandem. Out on barges in the middle of the river. I could sit and watch for ever.

I was in chicago a month ago and they where building a hirise across the street from our hotel. I'd sit and watch from my window a few hours a day.

·
Renaissance Man
6,818 Posts
Cranes it is then....:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I like them too. Bought This 1:50 scale Manitowoc 16000 to hang the star on the Christmas tree. With the extra 40' boom it stands 6'9" from the floor. Will post when i get the tree up.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like them too. Bought This 1:50 scale Manitowoc 16000 to hang the star on the Christmas tree. With the extra 40' boom it stands 6'9" from the floor. Will post when i get the tree up.:thumbsup:
Haha that is awesome!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
charimon said:
Where to get?

How much?

And how soon can I get it?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
That's really cool, hope your kids find it half as fun as you do.

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
ordered one of these, should have it by spring :cool:
Motor vehicle Vehicle Transport Mode of transport Tree

Remote control Technology Finger Electronic device Snack

Scaffolding Construction Roof Wall Facade

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,482 Posts
Oh, Mommy, me want!

This is funny. I thought I was the only one obsessed with cranes. I fully intended to be a crane operator when I grew up. Sadly, (or fortunately) there is next to zero crane work around here. I did spend a lot of time running a small one, more like a boom truck. That was good times.

I think in the end, I would have been bored if all I did was operate day in and day out. I was on a big underground job, and did nothing but run a hoe for months, and it actually got boring. I finally asked to get off the machine and run water mains in the ditch! :laughing:

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,482 Posts
What is that, Bruno?

I can't seem to find anything like it. I searched for "towable tower crane" and the like, but nothing similar shows up.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts