Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know last year Nathan handed out some shirts to guys he thought contributed the best to CT, which was great because those guys deserve the recognition.
Nathan decided who would get them, which it is his site and his shirts, so you cant argue with that. But with that being said I want you guys to give some recognition yourselfs and tell who you think the most kowledgeable and best contributors to the site are.
I understand that I might not be on this list .........:no:
So post who you like, but dont post who you dont like, we dont need that.

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
I'll vote for you Modern...:whistling

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
49,010 Posts
Gus and Basswood seem to do pretty good. Both are in a similar feild as myself so I can relate, plus I'm sure some bias is in there too.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Ed the roofer is super helpful.RBS is helpful and a smart ass.Silvertree is helpful and funny.
Modern is mean to noobs.

And Basswood is really helpful on the carpentry side.

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Leo and Mike Finley have both offered a lot of good info.

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
Well I would have to say out of all the reading I do, I would say in no particular order, Leo, Gus, Rbs, Silvertree, Loneframer, Warren, Warner Const, Sparky, Neo, and that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
49,010 Posts
Holy crap....I got 2 votes. I woulda never guessed....youz guys (and gal) are great......

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Holy crap....I got 2 votes. I woulda never guessed....youz guys (and gal) are great......
As long as you keep sending me those checks I will continue to be your friend and say nice things about you.;)

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ed the roofer is super helpful.RBS is helpful and a smart ass.Silvertree is helpful and funny.
Modern is mean to noobs.
No, many noobs pass by me unmolested, it is once they say something stupid like they hire illegals or dont carry insurance that I get testy

RBS is one of the good ones.
Gotta love Silvertree.
Da Arch was one of the first guys I liked on here, but he moved to a different board, but he is still a good dude with tons and tons of knowledge in my field.
WarnerConst is one of my guys, he knows his stuff. I take points off for being from Indiana, but he is still ok.
I have been drinking a little so it will take my brain a minute to reboot and think of some more.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
49,010 Posts

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
There are too many people here who have delivered great information and humor to commit to naming a select few to a "best" category.
I enjoy reading from all the regulars in every trade. It makes me realize that the small group of guys that I always seem to be surrounded with are not as socially retarded as I thought they were.:thumbup:

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Leo ......... how did I forget Leo. Forgive me oh master of all that is wood ........
Biil Z is a guy from around my area who doesnt post alot really but when he does it is worth reading.
Finley, even though he allegedly dissed painters I will forgive him and add him to my list

·
I like Green things
23,002 Posts
Ed has been a great help many times. Leo, Gus and Bass put together some good pictures and info, plus I like to hear cabinet guys bicker!!

Modern, you dont beat around the bush, I like that. Too many others to list, Neo, everoyne that answered a question or had a wize azz remark.

GregDi, Fivestar has a tool problem (that makes him cool)....

·
mason
119 Posts
Nicky Santoro: I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning ill get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see and uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your f***in' head wide-open in front of everybody in the bank. And just about the time that I'm comin' out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your f***in' head open again. 'Cause I'm f***in' stupid. I don't give a f*** about jail. That's my business. That's what I do.
I would have to say this one still sticks in my head

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernStyle
Nicky Santoro: I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning ill get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see and uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your f***in' head wide-open in front of everybody in the bank. And just about the time that I'm comin' out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your f***in' head open again. 'Cause I'm f***in' stupid. I don't give a f*** about jail. That's my business. That's what I do.

Now THAT is helpfull...:laughing:

·
Certified Remodeler
3,207 Posts
Well I like almost everyone at one time or another and have become friends with some guys.

Mike Finley I want to smack some days and even worse is he's right about a lot of things.

Rory is smart and gets my vote for class clown.

Ridgewalker gave me good advice that helped me out.

Ed the Roofer, PCPlumber, most of the painters, all the carpenters (who are the Gods of construction in my humble opinion).

All the website guys that helped me.

Jesse the crazy Shriner handyman.

As much as I hate to admit it the electricians like Magnettica and that crabby curmudgeon bastard with the Amish avatar all are interesting.

Tinner 666

I even like to hear what the guys I don't like have to offer, makes me think at times. A rare event if you asked my wife.

I can't choose. If I had to pick one guy I would pick Rory because he was the first guy from CT that gave me a hand when I first started posting.

I think we all deserve a hand for hanging in there and helping each other out. Whether its advice or conversation or just helping a brother forget the hard moments that our lives deliver at times.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts