Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Book is "HVAC Spells Wealth" by industry icon, Ron Smith. I'm on my 6th or 7th reading (I lost count). Keep it with you at all times and I can promise you that it is worth every second of your time.

Ron visited with me a few years ago in my HVAC business and joked that every time he started quoting from the book, I finished his sentence! The information you'll learn is more than just theory or conjecture; it's an easy-to-follow chronology of Ron's groundbreaking techniques to improve all aspects of your retail contracting service business.

He wrote it specifically for HVAC but most of the principles apply regardless of your industry. There are a lot of brilliant teachings about service, sales, marketing, accounting, structure, training and organization.

If you take one action today to improve your business and lifestyle, get this book. It is a true gem!
I'm curious if anyone else has read this book and what your thoughts might be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
???? Ron Smith is semi-retired. I'm an HVAC contractor that read the book and loved it. Simply passing along my experience. Not compensated in any way.

·
Registered
819 Posts
havent read the book....but ive read many contractor books in the past....all have been worthless to me because they speak in such general terms that they mean nothing....i dont think ive gotten any advice from the books.....

is this book different? does it speak in specifics?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Huggy Tree...totally agree. Most books are just general overviews of things that are pretty much common sense without going into much detail. HVAC Spells Wealth gets into very specific and detailed things like how to market your business, employee training, and how to sell service agreements. (Ron is credited within the HVAC industry as pioneering the first service agreements back in the early 70's).

One chapter focuses on service tech debriefing that I thought was brilliant. He gives detailed insights into how to setup processes and systems that, as he explains "bring order and structure to a company".

I had to read a bunch of books to finally find one that actually made a positive difference in my HVAC business. I don't hesitate to recommend it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spencer... that's great to hear. I just joined this group recently but I see you've been around for 9 years or so. Good to know that your experience has been positive. I hope to learn a lot here.

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Spencer... that's great to hear. I just joined this group recently but I see you've been around for 9 years or so. Good to know that your experience has been positive. I hope to learn a lot here.
You will...if you stick around. I have taken my share of verbal beatings, you've got to have thick skin around here or you won't last. All in all a good group of guys around here. To me it is like a virtual brotherhood. :thumbup:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
You will...if you stick around. I have taken my share of verbal beatings, you've got to have thick skin around here or you won't last. All in all a good group of guys around here. To me it is like a virtual brotherhood. :thumbup:
Rules of CT

-Have thick skin
-Ignore TNT
-Bask in my genius

·
General Contractor
8,074 Posts
The Best Contractor Success Book is not out yet, but it will soon, I am almost done with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts