Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Before & After Photo Contest - SPONSORED BY: Medford Tools and Supply.

Well, we thought it was about time to see how much talent you guys have. So, Medford Tools and Supply has agreed to give away a prize to the winner of our Before and After Photo Contest.

What can you win?
Your choice of any of their Occidental Toolbelt Systems. Up to a $230 value!

Leather Systems

Leather-Nylon Systems

Nylon Systems

Were looking for photos that display technical skill in your trade, as well as dramatic change to the project.

Rules:
  • The contest ends on 8/31/05.
  • All photos must be in by 8/15/05
  • Members can only enter ONE PROJECT but can post up to 10 before and after shots. (So pick your best!)
  • Moderators are allowed to enter
  • I will pick the top 5 entries and the board will pick the winner by voting on it starting 8/17/05
  • US Residents only please (Due to shipping costs)
  • YOU MUST EMAIL ME A COPY OF THE INVOICE FOR THIS JOB IF YOU ARE PICKED AS ONE OF THE TOP 5.
Please post your entries in this thread.
The entry must contain...
  • At least one before and after photo.
  • A quick paragraph discribing the work done.
  • What percentage of the work you or your company did.
Questions or comments about entries should be made here: CONTEST DISCUSSION.
ENTRIES ONLY IN THIS THREAD PLEASE!

Good luck, and thanks to MEDFORD TOOLS AND SUPPLY for sponsoring this contest! :Thumbs:

·
Registered
27 Posts
BEFORE

AFTER

I love my job! We took a lawyer's office foyer and removed 20 years of wax and build up and turned it into a stone masterpiece. The surface was dull, scratched and ugly. We resurfaced the marble and it is all the original stone. My company did all of the work (I oversaw the job and did about 40 % of the grinding myself - I love doing it. My foreman had to tell me to watch and actually take the machine away from me). Not only does the stone look better now, but it will actually be less maintenance for the cleaning staff and look better longer because wax only looks good for a few days and is softer than the actual stone.

·
FRAME ON!
1,653 Posts
Constest Submition . Crosswinds Construction

This is a deck constructed by me personaly without subs or help . I did this for a client in 10 hours . It is supported by concrete footers . Crosstops to be exact . I made $2,500 on this deck . It is 14x20 horizontal vertical detail. Must i mention it has the complete package now with all the handrails ect.

Crosswinds Construction

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have over 2500 project pictures I could use for this competition, but chose the last roof we just did, finished on Sunday.
It is a concrete chiller, built in 1925. The roof in the pictures is behind the main shop, which is now an Asian Takeaways, in an affluent suburb. Could be the back Alley of any City in the World ;)
Originally the shop was a Butchers, and this was where they stored the meat before modern refridgeration.
When I surveyed the roof I wondered what the metal bars were, they were laying on the roof and had sunk into the 1/2" thick bitumen flood coat that was the roofing membrane, there was no reinforcement at all, just pure low slope asphalt. I found out later, from the current owner, that the metal bars were the tracks that hung from the ceiling inside, from which the meat carcuses hung on hooks.
We did the best we could with new technology and used a perforated vent sheet and some Charcoal Granule surfaced Torch membrane to try and turn a "pigs ear into a silk purse" :cheesygri
Working the sheet membrane around that bump coming out from under the corrugated iron metal roof was a challenge, feel and cut, and then weld.
Before

During

After

Invoice # 639, $ 1930.05 plus Goods and Services Tax of 12.5% - $ 2140.93 New Zealand Dollars :Thumbs:

·
Remodeler
824 Posts

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Prowall i thought that was funny when i seen that pic to. NOW TO IMPORTANT BUSINESS. TEETOR,MIKE FINLEY BERGENBLDR POST SOME PICS I WANT TO SEE SOME OF YOU GUYS WORK. I WOULD POST BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY PICS I JUST STOP BY TO SEE WHAT YOU GUYS ARE UP TO AND KILL TIME. I WANT TO SEE PICS. :cheesygri

·
Registered
29 Posts
My house before and after

If I can enter My house before and after pic's here they are.If not just check em out.99% of the work was done by myself on the remodel.I had some buddys help me throw up the trusses and help set the rafters.
The guy who lived in it before me had no running warter or heat in it for 3 years up until I bought it :eek: I will never even think of bringing a turd like this one back to life again.LoL! Never ending hours,Going to work on 4 hr's of sleep daily, framing for 8hr's.Then comming home to work on this. I had a month to get what work I could get done before I moved in(gut the house out,new pluming,eletric and the living room done.That was my sleeping quarters for the time being LOL!
I'll start with a pic of the bathtub to give you a idea of what the inside looked like when I bought the house.

Here's front of house pic's

Here's after pic's

Thanks for looking!
Brent.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
WOW Brent. I know I don't get a vote, but as to your "can I enter...", my vote is YES

EDIT: One thing I'm sure would be interesting though, is before/after pics of the same view. Like the after pic of that bathroom, or the view looking at the open/busted screen door.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
my photography skills are lacking...

Here is a commercial job we did in December of '04. We started as soon as the drywallers and pipefitters got finished. The business is owned by my brother, he worked with us every step of the way. We did not do the purple lettering on the walls, a local sign shop did them.

Because we were on a tight schedule we had A LOT of 12 to 16 hour days. We basically got it done 2 days before the club opened. It was also one of the most personnally rewarding jobs we have done so far.

We did:
*Prime and 2 coats paint on drywall walls (roll)
*Prime and 2 coats on exposed metal ceilings (spray)
*VCT in entryway and back office
*Carpet
*baseboards
*built raised area behind counter
*installed formica counter
*we also helped hang all the 'fixtures;' coat racks(built and painted by us), streching bar(stained by us), pictures, mirrors, etc. And moved in all the equiptment.

The HVAC guy let us borrow his scissor lifts, without them we never would have finished this job.

My brother Steven on the right and my cousin and business partner Tom on the left. No wonder the job took so long we were always standing around drinking coffee!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
This is a job I did for a friend of mine. He had an old gas fireplace that was bricked up to about 3'6". I tore everything out and built a frame for his TV and cabinet and then put the brick up. I put arches over the top of the desks and bricked the back to make cubby holes for misc. things. Took about 3 days in total. There is enough room for the TV to come out if it has to. He still hasnt put a piece of trim up over the top yet, but says he will.
Right before we haul the old fireplace out.

Some framing pics.

Finished product.

·
Registered
53 Posts
before and after

This is a job I did in Newport News, Va. which I'm proud of.
The design builder was Act Construction LLC, and the manager is Milton Torres.

I have alot more pics but I keep getting a message stating I can only upload three images.

Rob-

Attachments

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Charlestown Races & Slots, WV, Gaming Area IV, The Park Room
Mural digitally printed on 15oz. Type II Mohave Vinyl made by RJF International.
Printed by Group 360 Graphics of StL, original painted by Debra Seivers of Idlewild, CA.
Consisted of 62 panels, 28' long, 54" wide, each weighed in at about 25-30 lbs when pasted. Total panels laid end to end would have reached about 1/3 mile.
Panels were pasted in a Tapo CB56 motorized paste machine, and the seams were doublecut free-handed on the wall.
Wall was almost 24' high, with a radius begining at the 16' mark. It bowed out to end 8' away from the foot of the wall.
Required a 20' electric man-lift, and 3 sections of scaffolding.
6 men, approx. 225 manhours.

Before shots:

·
Registered
30 Posts
This job was a 2 car garage, 4 season porch, 2 level deck, and a few other changes. The homeowners gave me their thoughts and I designed it for them.
Some of the materials used:
Hardi plank siding®
Composite decking
I hand made all the rails, balustrades, and posts on the deck.
All work was done by myself or my 1½ employees. (1 fulltime 1 part time)

With the exception’s of:
Excavation and backfill
Foundation and floor on garage
Electrical
Pavement

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.