Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Framer's helper, Const. help available (Lihue area)

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-21, 3:31PM HST

Aloha, I have previous experience framing spec. homes and custom, also in concrete formation of walled/ vaulted basements. spent most of my 30's building, some HVAC trunk installation, Air unit installation. i am seeking a deferred labor cost for your benefit, to alleviate the accounting. simply offered by a handshake and your word, i would also entertain a labor contract over 1-3 months duration, settling our agreed amount based on lower labor cost. i am offering a rate at only 7-8$ per hr, and perhaps a small bonus for waiting the deferment. my larger skills need to be brushed up, however my speed for labor and hustling a tool gopher would be considered excellent. not afraid of heights, excellent skills climbing and will waive by signature any liability for injury. ( i have never been injured). i am even willing to purchase some tools, i am a non smoker, and prefer to work with other non smokers if possible. i am offering at least 30 hrs a week to as much as 50. i am a resident of Kauai, no criminal record and transportation. mahalo for your consideration, Contact: Mr.Vincent @: 808 245-5752.

·
Banned
846 Posts
I can't make sense of that ad. It's like those emails I keep getting from Nigeria. Translator? Anyone?

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
best guess he is willing to work for 7-8 bucks an hour for up to 3 months and NOT GET PAID until the end of the 3 months.

On a handshake deal at that. He's willing to buy tools too!!

Doesn't sound like he really needs the money to me.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
Probably some pedophile trying to lay low. Or its a theif, you hire him and next thing you know all your stuff is gone. No paper work to track him like drivers license # or SS#.

·
Banned
846 Posts
The only problem with that theory is it's Hawaii. Hawaii isn't like the lower 48 where you can jump in a car and drive a thousand miles to get clear of the people you just ripped off. It's hard to lay low in Hawaii, that's why Dog always got his man.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Probably some pedophile trying to lay low. Or its a theif, you hire him and next thing you know all your stuff is gone. No paper work to track him like drivers license # or SS#.
Yep, something doesn't smell right about that boy.

Like all con artists, the con man appeals to somebodies greed to trap them. The too good to be true scenario muddles the mind of normal rational thinking people and pretty soon the old shell game is in full swing.

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only problem with that theory is it's Hawaii. Hawaii isn't like the lower 48 where you can jump in a car and drive a thousand miles to get clear of the people you just ripped off. It's hard to lay low in Hawaii, that's why Dog always got his man.
There's a big crack problem here. Tools walk.

For a while, I had some jackass stealing my gas out of my shop. He was pretty crafty....he would bring the empty gas cans back. hoping I wouldn't notice? Anyway, I filled one with half gas/half water. That was the last time any gas disappeared. I'm 99% certain it was the kids on the hog farm behind me.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
For a while, I had some jackass stealing my gas out of my shop. He was pretty crafty....he would bring the empty gas cans back. hoping I wouldn't notice? Anyway, I filled one with half gas/half water. That was the last time any gas disappeared. I'm 99% certain it was the kids on the hog farm behind me.
I know a farmer who had to trade in all his gas tractors for diesels. The mexicans would steal all the gas out of every tractor. They had no use for diesel fuel.

I figured all his mexicans would start driving diesels. :laughing:

·
Banned
846 Posts
Was he leaving the good pre-carb/EPA bull**** gas cans or leaving the new environmentally friendly, spill gas like a mofo, gas cans?

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I refuse to spend 20 bucks on a gas can. So yeah...the GOOD gas cans that you don't need three freakin' hands to operate.

Just pull the rag outta the hole and pour:clap:

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Give the guy a break. He has been working fast food for most of his adult life and is eager to start a new career. We all had to start somewhere.

"however my speed for labor and hustling a tool gopher would be considered excellent"
This must count for something.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
Was he leaving the good pre-carb/EPA bull**** gas cans or leaving the new environmentally friendly, spill gas like a mofo, gas cans?
Ive never seen one of those, I dont think I want to either. :blink:

·
Banned
846 Posts
You don't want one of the new gas cans. Trust me. They suck.

·
EVIL GENIUS
2,546 Posts
"however my speed for labor and hustling a tool gopher would be considered excellent"
This must count for something.
Hes excellent at gophering your tools into his car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
And according to Publisher's Clearinghouse, he may already be a winner!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts