Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was giving me crap on the job yesterday, so I wacked her upside the head with an 18 volt Dewalt impact driver.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, maybe there was little more to it than that.

We were both working on wrapping a beam with hickory. I was using trim head screws to attach the hickory to the beam. We were both up on our own bench & I walked off the end of my bench & her bench wasn't close enough & I started falling. Reflexes caused me to reach for the closest thing to keep from falling. Unfortunately for her, she was the closest thing & took a pretty good wack upside the head. She said it hurt nearly as bad when she lost control of the handyman jack & the handle wacked her in the jaw.

Since I know you're dying to know, NO, I didn't fall on the floor.

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Well, maybe there was little more to it than that.

We were both working on wrapping a beam with hickory. I was using trim head screws to attach the hickory to the beam. We were both up on our own bench & I walked off the end of my bench & her bench wasn't close enough & I started falling. Reflexes caused me to reach for the closest thing to keep from falling. Unfortunately for her, she was the closest thing & took a pretty good wack upside the head. She said it hurt nearly as bad when she lost control of the handyman jack & the handle wacked her in the jaw.

Since I know you're dying to know, NO, I didn't fall on the floor.
:blink::blink:

The DeWalt is OK tho?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,807 Posts
I like the first version better.

She probably deserved it...:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
27,607 Posts
I think its cool you work with your wife. My wife has no interest in construction. She shakes her head and asks when im going to get a real job when I come home tired and wet (when it rains), often with something bleeding. :laughing:

·
Design Build
6,754 Posts
Way back in 2002 I was drilling a ¾ inch hole in the stainless steel ceiling of a revolving door in a hotel in the Woodlands. It was necessary for the security device that was going to be mounted.

I was jazzed about trying my (new at that time) 36V DeWalt drill...the big one.

Well it seized up just as it penetrated the ceiling and the drill body swing around and knocked me clean off the ladder.

Took until the next job to live that one down.

pic is from the Marriott site of the entry. I think the doorway is farther to the left......out of frame.

Attachments

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
There isn't any danger in my wife getting hurt on my job site......heck...she probably doesn't even know what I do for a living.....:whistling
As long as the checks keep cashing, it'll probably stay that way...
:whistling

Reactions: brickhook

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
My buddy and I were on the job and need to drill a 4" hole though the wall.

With a hole hawg

At family jewel height.

He never used that drill and like a good person I am told him that you need to brace yourself for when the bit bites it dosnt throw you.

He laughed. Yeah I can handle this. Did it a thousand times.

You see where this is going.

That bit grabbed, swung the drill around and popped him square in the nuts.

The look was priceless just before the pain started. Then it was funny.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts