Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Your laziness and stupidity is still making me richer!

Did a bunch of stuff for a home sale closing the HI found. Four of which were receps that showed open ground.

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
Haha, my sparky looked up in the attic at the current remodel, came down and said to me, cha-Ching!

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
Nice! It's because it would have taken so much longer to hook up that extra wire. :laughing:

Just curious how you remedy an open ground (per the HI addendum ) in older houses when there's no ground (like when they replaced a two-prong receptacle with one with the ground socket) Do you mostly reinstall a two prong receptacle?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Nice! It's because it would have taken so much longer to hook up that extra wire. :laughing:

Just curious how you remedy an open ground (per the HI addendum ) in older houses when there's no ground (like when they replaced a two-prong receptacle with one with the ground socket) Do you mostly reinstall a two prong receptacle?
GFI or just put on the NEG sticker.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,486 Posts

Did a bunch of stuff for a home sale closing the HI found. Four of which were receps that showed open ground.

"Don't need no stinkin' ground. It's one a' them thar g.f.c.i. thangs." :thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

Is this box also in violation on the cu. in. requirement? Even if not I detest trying to cram a bulky GFCI into a small box. I prefer the 4 in square w/plaster ring if a single

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this box also in violation on the cu. in. requirement? Even if not I detest trying to cram a bulky GFCI into a small box. I prefer the 4 in square w/plaster ring if a single
Kinda hard to install those in a remodel.....

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Very important for those blue boxes to be grounded
It is in Canada, we have to ground all plastic boxes.

That's why the ones w/o grounds arn't CSA/ULC listed.

It's a retro box, see the ears?

·
Have Trowel, Do travel
909 Posts
how the hell can you get rich, fixing someones fuk-up. it's just another job.
i get called in many times to "help" others finish, never got rich on any of those jobs.
I actually try to avoid other peoples messes.

Reactions: rotarex

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i get called in many times to "help" others finish, never got rich on any of those jobs.
I didn't say that one job paid for my retirement. But if the stupid lazy dipwads did a proper job, I wouldn't make ANY money fixing their fook-ups.

Reactions: Trim40

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Or if you are like me you underestimate the extent of the screwups on your quotation and end up making very little money. :whistling

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure if he meant it literally, just saying that jobs that aren't completed right just mean more work for him.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
Surprised they do not bond the wooden stud too.

Or maybe the leave that to the siding guys to do that for them when using 2.5"-3" nails!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts