Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in a mobile home where the walls are paper sheetrock,with wall paper finish i would like to give the walls some sort of texture, can someone tell me how i could do this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
with a sprayer and some texture mixture .. i may be wrong, but most trailers around here are typical sheetrock in the inside.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know the board you're talking about. Never tried that but i would think it would hold well without the kills. The paper most likely has a stippeled surface which would help with the hold too. Use an all purpose joint compuond and just experiment by dabbing a small spot on the wall and let fully cure. I'm sure it wont come off easily as you could put on a glass window and it would hold very well. Added moisture, i wouldnt think would help the life of standard wall paper...not to sure about the paper surface of the board your talking about....interested to hear other experienced opinions on painted wall paper though?

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Wall paper is a crazy thing. There are so many different manufactures it's tuff to tell what type you have. But we all use a test to determine if we can paint over. It's kinda funny but we call it the Fruit Loop test.

Take a soggy Post brand fruit loop and throw it at the wall, if you can count to ten before it slides down then you can paint over the wall paper.

Post back tell us your resaults. Then we will all know who the real fruit loop is.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts