Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know if any folks are using text message software to alert/market to customers ?

Was think of sending text maybe 1 - 2 times per month.

Do customers approve/disapprove ? Any results ?

Any preferred text message software ?

Other comments ?

·
Super Moderator
11,970 Posts
I despise cold calls, the 100 plus (not exaggerating) spam emails I get per day, and if anyone texts me with an ad, I usually text them something back that is "not really an invitation" to do it again.

I would forget about that idea.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
What kinda software is out there? Id consider it for appointment reminders think about how much now just gets texted instead of emailed

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. Sounds like its not the best tactic ? However texting is replacing email and phone with more clients...

The only one I get is from SW about 2-3 a month.

There's seems to be plenty of cheap text mgr's / software found by an online search.

Maybe revisit in a year or so ?

·
Accidental Painter
2,292 Posts
As long as they sign up, go for it. I get an email/text 3 times a week from pizza hut that signed up for. It works way too good, haha

But I can see maybe a service based company using it. Especially for seasonal items like labdscaping in summer, or getting house ready for winter.

Your customers sign up, & once a month the get a text about something seasonal. Like right now you could sell firepits.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,491 Posts
Curious to know if any folks are using text message software to alert/market to customers ?

Was think of sending text maybe 1 - 2 times per month.

Do customers approve/disapprove ? Any results ?

Any preferred text message software ?

Other comments ?
I send back very nasty comments and then put the number into the ignore list and never hear from them again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
once or twice a month is too often. I think they're great to send out on holidays (not that we do this, but it would be a good idea.)

"Happy St. Patty's day! -Travis (from SW construction)."
"Hope you're having a great labor day weekend!"

or even "Hope you made it through the recent storms ok. Some nasty home damage in some places. If you need any repairs or anything just let us know and we'll swing by sometime to check it out and give you a quote. Take care!"

re-read it several times before sending, reply back to all the responses you get individually and don't over use it.

Never send out a message like this "Considering going with hardwood flooring? For best results and service contact us for all your flooring needs" "Add value and efficiency to your home! Call and ask us about our special pricing on tankless water heaters RIGHT NOW for special savings!".

Be smart.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh, and if you get back a nasty reply don't get defensive or ignore it but instead turn the other cheek and reply as personally as possible.

"Sorry Joe, didn't mean to pester ya. Take care."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.