Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attention all members

Please see email below that I just received from one of the owners of Castle (Caste) Windows:

Mark,
I am one of the owners of Caste Windows, i see that you have made a comment on our company in a negative light. As you may or may not know, this is a direct violation of the Contractor Talk website rules... (attached hereunder). Can you kindly remove your post? I would greatly appreciate your speedy co-operation.

http://www.contractortalk.com/f33/castle-windows-84724/

If you have any questions, you may contact me direct.

Chris Cardillo
Castle Windows
856-***-***x

see that this post violates 1 or more of the membership rules most notably that found under the vendors section "[you may not] Bash other companies products or services that you compete with."

here are the site rules

You MAY NOT self promote in any way other than having your signature line and avatar. This includes:
  • Asking people to contact you or to see your profile for more information or deals.
  • Private Messaging members with unsolicited offers.
  • Soliciting the membership for feedback or suggestions on your product or services.
  • Post new thread that in some way promote your company.
  • Respond to threads with short responses that add nothing to the conversation just to get your name out there.
  • Bash other companies products or services that you compete with.

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
If you do a search for "Castle Windows" on this forum, you will see that what I "implied" is nothing compared to some other threads.

I'm just curious if any of you fellow members that have posted possible negative information about this company, received the same email I did?

I find it a little presumptuous that other members (other than a moderator) are now dictating what are terms of use violations.

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Subsequent response

Mark,
With all due respect, the post says that someone else had "issues" with Castle. This would imply something negative. Would you mind rephrasing this to something like the following

"David - search around the forum here, I think there have been prior discussions regarding Castle Windows.... "

This would be a mild inconvenience to help out a fellow contractor in the community. No hard feelings.

Chris

In a message dated 10/2/2010 5:22:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ***@verizon.net writes:

I don't see any violation made.

The original poster made an inquiry regarding your company, and I thought someone else had in the past, and I advised him to do a search.

No where in the Terms of Use did I violate anything.

Regards,

[FONT=bookman old style, new york, times, serif]- Mark

[/FONT]

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,778 Posts
It this the post he is referring to?

http://www.contractortalk.com/f33/castle-windows-84724/#post1012710

You are entitled to your opinion. And that is all it is is an opinion.

I'm sure some people think Castle windows are great while others think they suck. The rules he pulled up are from the vendor TOS and do not apply to standard members.

If they are so offended about this small negative opinion I can't imagine what they would do if someone really had serious issues with something that they sell.

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It this the post he is referring to?

http://www.contractortalk.com/f33/castle-windows-84724/#post1012710

You are entitled to your opinion. And that is all it is is an opinion.

I'm sure some people think Castle windows are great while others think they suck. The rules he pulled up are from the vendor TOS and do not apply to standard members.

If they are so offended about this small negative opinion I can't imagine what they would do if someone really had serious issues with something that they sell.
Yes, that is the post.

Now, compare my comment to what was made here: http://www.contractortalk.com/f33/castle-windows-doors-65278/

I wonder if any of these members received the same warning email?

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,778 Posts
Maybe you should show them that link. Then the heat will be off of you :laughing:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,778 Posts
Dear Mr. Castle, seems you have more of a image problem with your company than you first thought - <insert link>

·
David Festa
2,561 Posts
Did I do that?
I Guess I should explain.
I edited my post after receiving this same letter cookie posted.
I did this out of respect for CT & its members, I don’t need the headache nor does CT mods
I can go into further detail but feel this topic should be laid to rest

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
It certainly seems like Chris Cardillo of Castle windows is trying to shut down all criticism of his products, deserved or not. The unjust actions of Chris Cardillo, owner of Castle Windows reeks of heavy handed censorship. I believe that Chris Cardillo and Castle Windows is trying to hide poor reviews of their products from the general public

·
Super Moderator
11,326 Posts
It certainly seems like Chris Cardillo of Castle windows is trying to shut down all criticism of his products, deserved or not. The unjust actions of Chris Cardillo, owner of Castle Windows reeks of heavy handed censorship. I believe that Chris Cardillo and Castle Windows is trying to hide poor reviews of their products from the general public
And it might have backfired! :whistling

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
48,778 Posts
Have you ever been told by your parents not to do something when you were younger. What did you do............

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,523 Posts
Have you ever been told by your parents not to do something when you were younger. What did you do............

I didn't send a letter to the mod of an internet forum.:no:

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Did I do that?
I Guess I should explain.
I edited my post after receiving this same letter cookie posted.
I did this out of respect for CT & its members, I don’t need the headache nor does CT mods
I can go into further detail but feel this topic should be laid to rest
Haha, let them be the judge of that!!

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Grabbed the spark plug on the lawn mower.:whistling

Reactions: jkfox624

·
Registered
696 Posts
What was that guy's name again. It's right on the tip of my tongue. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
11,326 Posts
Grabbed the spark plug on the lawn mower.:whistling
Stuck a butter knife in a receptacle. Doh! :stupid:
I was 4 and still remember it. My dad was pissed.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts