Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i went into the reno we have on the go to tie up some more loose ends on the trim.. a couple pieces of chair rail were removed early on and needed to be replaced. i had some new pieces dropped off by the runner the day before.. however came in today and the h.o removed all the old stuff and bought some new chair rail.. anyhow

odd spot. theres a half wall which is getting a mdf cap and two short fluted colums between it and beam.. then on the adjacent wall theres a large window , i decided to run the new chair rail at the height of the underside of the wall cap.. then when it comes around to the window its almost dead center of the sil on the window.... odd spot to die my chair rail into. it would look really really odd to scribe the chair rail into the side of the window trim as the different thickness and profiles wouldnt work out... so instead i simply returned the chair rail into the wall roughly 3/4" away from the sil both sides

good idea or bad idea? just didnt want a really odd spot with 4 pieces of trim merging, chair rail, casing, sil and apron

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Yup, finish the paint into the window and done. Window treatments should take care of it anyhow.:thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts