Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Can you use google voice for texts?

Say-- give out your google voice number to randoms and when they text/call it comes to my personal cell.
Yes. What mine says when it comes in is a 916 area code. I'm not sure if it says the number it comes from, but I think it does. One of the builders I work for sends me texts using it and it just says his name. I would think it relays the phone number.

You can send texts out as well using the GV number. It's a great tool.

Calls come in with the phone number on my screen.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I told a guy who kept calling from some gold buying firm (contact from World of Concrete) for about the 12th time I was not interested. Last time, I said he had a density problem...he asked what was that? I said you must be dense to keep wasting your time and my time when you and I both know we won't do business....if you were not dense, you would not waste your time calling someone who will never buy from you.

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,050 Posts
Get calls from these clowns all the time. One sneaky thing they do now is routing the calls through you area codes or even local numbers. If it is a out of area number I don't know I don't bother answering the call. Anytime I have ever got suckered into buying something from them it really was never a good deal.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts