Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a call from someone with a Kansas number but say they are with Contractor Supply in Phoenix AR. They have been calling me several times a year for quite a while. I have no intentions of buying tools site unseen.

Today its rainy and I have plenty of time to take calls like this so I led him on a little bit. He said his name was Jimmie Johnson so I asked him if he was the Nascar driver which he declared he was not. I was on the phone with him for 14 min before I told him I wasn't interested.

He got really mad and called me a coc$^&** and numerous other names.:laughing: He said he hopes I lose every bid I put out there this summer! Quite the sales pitch! I feel bad for wasting his time but please stop wasting mine. I have politely asked them to take me off there call list numerous times.

Anyone else have trouble with these people or anyone else? How do you handle it?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
They've been calling me for over. 30 years. Always acts like my best buddy at first. He was rude one time when I said I wasn't interested. Usually I tell them I haven't bought anything from him ever and take me off the list, but they still call once a year. I think if you have your home phone listed as your business phone, the do not call listing doesn't apply to them.

I also get calls from some out of town contractors to do work for them. If you follow along, you find out they want a fee. Geesh!

Reactions: TimNJ

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They've been calling me for over. 30 years. Always acts like my best buddy at first. He was rude one time when I said I wasn't interested. Usually I tell them I haven't bought anything from him ever and take me off the list, but they still call once a year. I think if you have your home phone listed as your business phone, the do not call listing doesn't apply to them.

I also get calls from some out of town contractors to do work for them. If you follow along, you find out they want a fee. Geesh!
Must be the same ones.....

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I heard of someone getting an office phone number, then program their fax to fax them a piece of paper that says "please stop calling me".

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I hate that mother f'er. After numerous calls of me saying no thanks I'm not interested in buying a box of 50 circular saw blades from you, I told the guy to take me off his list and stop calling me please. He responded something like, nope sorry gary can't do it I'm never gonna stop calling you neeeeeever ever ever sorry bud I'll never stop.

Thank god that turned out to be the last time I heard from him, though I'm sure I just jinxed myself.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't know if Jimmie Johnson is the same guy that sells the trash bags, but I remind him that I still have not received my free pair of binoculars . And if he says he never made such a claim, I then ask "Can you get me some binoculars for free?" If time allows and I'm bored sometimes I will put the call on speaker phone and ask a series of technical questions about the product that no one would know the answer to, if the conversation goes on for 5 or more minutes I start doing fake belches,burps,farts, or act like I am trying to get a hookers attention on the street. I dunno the more I think about it, maybe he has me on speaker phone and just needs a good laugh. That's probably why he keeps calling.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I don't know if Jimmie Johnson is the same guy that sells the trash bags, but I remind him that I still have not received my free pair of binoculars . And if he says he never made such a claim, I then ask "Can you get me some binoculars for free?" If time allows and I'm bored sometimes I will put the call on speaker phone and ask a series of technical questions about the product that no one would know the answer to, if the conversation goes on for 5 or more minutes I start doing fake belches,burps,farts, or act like I am trying to get a hookers attention on the street. I dunno the more I think about it, maybe he has me on speaker phone and just needs a good laugh. That's probably why he keeps calling.
Would you mind explaining how you do that for the rest of us...:laughing::clap:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard of someone getting an office phone number, then program their fax to fax them a piece of paper that says "please stop calling me".
I would like to find there phone number or fax so I could contact them every once in a while to let the know that I am still well stocked with diamond blades and everything else but google don't bring it up for me.:laughing:

The number he called me from does not go through.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
I started a post on this guy awhile back. I think that someone mentioned that these guys are from the prison system. Don't know how true that is. I tricked them one time by saying my cat was throwing up, let me call you right back...what's your number. And when I called back, I said "now I have your number ****er" :laughing:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I started a post on this guy awhile back. I think that someone mentioned that these guys are from the prison system. Don't know how true that is. I tricked them one time by saying my cat was throwing up, let me call you right back...what's your number. And when I called back, I said "now I have your number ****er" :laughing:
I guess I can try a search but do you have a link to that thread by chance?

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
I get at least 5 cold calls per day. I tell them "If this is a sales call, I'm not interested" politely. (You can always tell by their intro)

If they persist, and they do I always say. "I'll try this again. Put me on your DNC list. I am not interested" and hang up.

I used to just hang up, but they call back thinking it's a bad connection.

Can you tell I loathe telemarketers? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
"now I have your number ****er" :laughing:
I do believe we all need this number now...

BTW everyone should have a google voice number so you can call these bastards back without using your real number, if they get your GV number just change your settings in GV to send them to VM right away.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
http://www.contractortalk.com/f22/phone-harassment-24426/#post273614

That's the direct link to his number. Man, that was some years ago lol.

I use GV for the exact reasons you list. Select....block.
I just read through that entire thread...some old names in there that I havent seen around in a while but I also got a few laughs out of it.

A few years ago he called me and I asked if he could call me back later as I was in the middle of receiving a blow job......

A few weeks later he called me back after I forgot about it and said "last time I spoke with you you were in the middle of getting some head" Needless to say I was stunned that he actually remembered that.

·
Future Post Deleter...
1,895 Posts
Can you use google voice for texts?

Say-- give out your google voice number to randoms and when they text/call it comes to my personal cell.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts