Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting ready to tear down a 278,000sf building in the St. Louis area. There are a few items that might interest someone in the construction or property management business. The roof was just installed this winter with a "2001" system which includes two layers of 2" x 4' x 8' ridgid insulation (72,000sf each) over which is layer of loose layed drywall, over which is the membrane loose layed, using negitive pressure vents to keep the thing down. Many other items are available from the building. Like I said the roof is brand new, the insulation would retail for about $250,000 obviously that is much more then we would ask. Time is of the essence, the building will be torn down as soon as we get the permits figure 30-60 days.
Contact me at 314-280-1529 or my e-mail [email protected] if you are intersted
Ryan Foster

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
You will generally find that if it a building without any historical significance is pretty much trash.
Did you ever consider the costs involved with dismantling a roof, transportation and reassembly? Cheaper to go new.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe

Teetorbilt said:
You will generally find that if it a building without any historical significance is pretty much trash.
Did you ever consider the costs involved with dismantling a roof, transportation and reassembly? Cheaper to go new.
The building is not the interesting part it is a comercial building not a residential building the roof is 72,000sf preaty much brand new loose layed, it is a greatttt bargin for someone locally or even not locally if they are only interested in the polyiso sheating that normally sells about $50 a sheet and you can get for $5 a sheet especially when there are 4500 sheets 45*4500 = a savings of 200,000+ not a bad deal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts