Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
14381 - 14400 of 19162 Posts

·
Controls Guy
1,036 Posts
Glad you said it and not me. I never really understood the mindset of only one platform. Now I wouldn't do a bunch but I have most all of the 20V DeWalt stuff but started to buy some of the festool battery line. I'm not going to toss the things DeWalt but if someone has something battery powered that makes sense for me to buy, I will.
I have felt having one platform would be a great thing but it doesn't work out. Currently I have Bosch 12v, DeWalt 7.2v, 12v, 14v, & 18v. Dremel 12v, Hilti 14v, Makita 18v, Milwaukee 4v, 12v & 18v, Ryobi 18v, and Stout 18v, not to mention the other various lights and other rechargeable tools. That's a lot of batteries and chargers to keep track of. The last couple years I have been trying to cut it down to just Milwaukee stuff. I'd love to sell off all the DeWalt but some things would be expensive to replace and not all are available in my preferred platform.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Ours doesn’t have any micro adjustment, so we added a screw to the end. We also added a small “pin” to the block that slides into the slot on the vertical fence. This keeps a work piece with an angle on the end of it from wedging between the fence and the block. It’s make shift, but it works.:thumbsup:

·
Artist and not a curator
10,103 Posts
I bought a ****ty Stihl chainsaw yesterday because my 20" has a carb problem... Not real happy about it though...

·
Artist and not a curator
10,103 Posts
Can't be too upset though with that syslite coming! I feel like a kid at Christmas again except a lot older, about something I wanted and just refused to buy, but I DONT HAVE TO JUSTIFY!

·
GC/carpenter
40,513 Posts
Ours doesn’t have any micro adjustment, so we added a screw to the end. We also added a small “pin” to the block that slides into the slot on the vertical fence. This keeps a work piece with an angle on the end of it from wedging between the fence and the block. It’s make shift, but it works.:thumbsup:

I have the older style stops. Since you've had experience with both which do you prefer?

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
I have the older style stops. Since you've had experience with both which do you prefer?
Mike, we never had the older style. When I was researching our purchase, all of the photos and videos showed the older style. I was a little disappointed with what we got.

The wood block is attached to the flip stop with a wood screw. Every time we set-up the saw station (we have the Pro 3 package) the wings set-up ever so slightly different. If we need to adjust the stop by a 32nd, the wood screw just seeks the same hole. Cutting the block off shorter is their solution. That works but there's a better way.

We simply drove a screw into the end of the block. The workpiece hits the screw instead of the block. Tweaking the screw in and out allows for micro adjustments. :thumbsup:

·
Artist and not a curator
10,103 Posts
The stages of aging:

Youth - prefer coming home to a hot woman
Middle age - prefer coming home to a hot tool
Old age - prefer coming home to a hot meal.
Really old - just happy they know where home is.
I'm not old or fat but would rather the food no matter what. Life has so many temptations and when my wife has a big bloody steak, asparagus, mushrooms and onions going, with a baked tater... All I have to do is stand outside and watch a steak fan on the outsides... That's just the best.

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
The stages of aging:

Is this why I can't decide how old I'm supposed to feel?

·
Controls Guy
1,036 Posts
The stages of aging:

I'm old but I still enjoy the pleasures of youth and the comforts of old. I guess it helps that my wife is an excellent cook and 24 years younger than I am. :thumbsup:

14381 - 14400 of 19162 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.