Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
14341 - 14360 of 19162 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,454 Posts
I was talking about a screw driving impact.
The one posted in the earlier pic was not that type. Last week, I needed to remove some 12 inch Timberlocks, and my 20v impact refused to budge them. I had to reduce the 1/2" square down to 3/8" in order to fit a 5/16 socket on the Big impact. I was worried this would destroy the socket, but it removed the Timberlock without destroying the socket.

·
Can I get an Amen?
1,310 Posts
Good, now you can help me put up crown... from 300 yards out.
[/QUOTE]

For sure, but I need to get used to these new fangled ootics. I grew up and also qualified in the USMC on iron sights. Shot expert every time and was also a range PMI

·
Can I get an Amen?
1,310 Posts
Finally had it with my crappy Ridgid pinner not sinking, bought the Cadex cpb23.50. Excited to see how the 23 gauge brads work.
[iurl="http://www.contractortalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=355722&d=1482286658"]
[/iurl]
I need a new pinned in a bad way. I have been seriously shopping for that exact model. Please keep us posted on your opinion.

·
Woodworker
60 Posts
My porter cable 23 gauge pinner has served me well so far for 3 years. it's great performance for the price, but I'm trying to go cordless now. I got the Dewalt 20v 16 gauge nailer and plan to grab their 18 gauge brad soon as it hits the US. My concern is that Dewalt will never release a cordless pinner and I will forever be tied to the compressor.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
My porter cable 23 gauge pinner has served me well so far for 3 years. it's great performance for the price, but I'm trying to go cordless now. I got the Dewalt 20v 16 gauge nailer and plan to grab their 18 gauge brad soon as it hits the US. My concern is that Dewalt will never release a cordless pinner and I will forever be tied to the compressor.
Makita has a battery powered 23 gauge nailer.

·
Woodworker
60 Posts
yea, but I don't want to get another battery system. I already have about 15 of the Dewalt 20v batteries and 2x of their flexvolt ones. The last thing I want is to invest another $1000 in batteries.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
yea, but I don't want to get another battery system. I already have about 15 of the Dewalt 20v batteries and 2x of their flexvolt ones. The last thing I want is to invest another $1000 in batteries.
So you'll carry around a compressor and hose just to avoid a different battery? You think that compressor and hose take up less space than a battery and charger? And $1,000 in batteries? For a 23ga pin nailer? I doubt you'll go through a battery in a day, so 1 would probably be enough, 2 at the most, certainly not $1,000.

·
Artist and not a curator
10,103 Posts
So you'll carry around a compressor and hose just to avoid a different battery? You think that compressor and hose take up less space than a battery and charger? And $1,000 in batteries? For a 23ga pin nailer? I doubt you'll go through a battery in a day, so 1 would probably be enough, 2 at the most, certainly not $1,000.
Glad you said it and not me. I never really understood the mindset of only one platform. Now I wouldn't do a bunch but I have most all of the 20V DeWalt stuff but started to buy some of the festool battery line. I'm not going to toss the things DeWalt but if someone has something battery powered that makes sense for me to buy, I will.

14341 - 14360 of 19162 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.