Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
14201 - 14220 of 19162 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just got a Makita tracksaw delivered with an extra 55" track, connectors, and clamps. Thinking really hard about ovdering a Axial Glide miter saw today. 20% off from Acme tools. This is starting to get expensive...:eek:

·
Artist and not a curator
10,624 Posts
I was in a pinch and had to buy a dust collector stat on Friday. My machinery guy had the black friday 15% off thing for Jet and I bought one with the remote and filter. I really need a new shop so I can get a decent sized cyclone with rigid pipe and stop this rolling around madness.

Today I bought a set of the Dewalt tough boxes to see if they'll fit better in the ambulance than the rigid boxes. Systainers fit perfect but I'm really not that big a fan of them.

Also finally picked up my deal of the century festool sander last week.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,555 Posts
Just got a Makita tracksaw delivered with an extra 55" track, connectors, and clamps. Thinking really hard about ovdering a Axial Glide miter saw today. 20% off from Acme tools. This is starting to get expensive...:eek:
After I tuned the saw in I find it to be great. Out of the box it was a disaster. The 45s were 1/2 degree off making a frame off my 2 degrees. I had to cut the detent and then I could adjust each 45 separately. Since I did that it's been nearly perfect for making frames. It definitely makes a much nicer joint if you push the sawblade into the part instead of dropping it on it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
After I tuned the saw in I find it to be great. Out of the box it was a disaster. The 45s were 1/2 degree off making a frame off my 2 degrees. I had to cut the detent and then I could adjust each 45 separately. Since I did that it's been nearly perfect for making frames. It definitely makes a much nicer joint if you push the sawblade into the part instead of dropping it on it.
Thanks for the tip about the saw. I ordered it last night. I have been wanting a dedicated saw for the shop. I decided on this saw because I can set it up close to a wall. Space is always a premium.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Tried the festool wave blade in jigsaw........cuts like butter!. Very very little dust balls (foam dust)

Works awsome on cutting cardboard too. Like hacking up layers and layers to put in recycling can.

Will try it on insulation when get a chance.
Looks like it would do well on Italian bread as well.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
In the last 2 days I bought 10 boxes of paslode nails.
5 boxes of hitachi staples
A hitachi stapler
A mag 77
6 skill saw blades
A 6' ladder .

Not glamorous but I needed it

·
Wormdrive Operator
3,318 Posts
Tried the festool wave blade in jigsaw........cuts like butter!. Very very little dust balls (foam dust)

Works awsome on cutting cardboard too. Like hacking up layers and layers to put in recycling can.

Will try it on insulation when get a chance.
You cut cardboard for the recycling bin with a Jigsaw? I use a knife for that.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

14201 - 14220 of 19162 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.