Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
4361 - 4380 of 19162 Posts

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
I have good luck with dewalt grinders. Got 6 hard years out if my last one. They are $100 grinders . Don't know the amps off hand
I've had some bad luck with DeWalt in the past but never heard anyone complain about their grinders.

That being said if you want a 4 1/2" grinder that will last forever get a Milwaukee. I have 2, one has spent its entire life in concrete dust. The other is on wire wheel duty, it gets run for 8 hours straight when I'm prepping metal railings. I'm not really much of a Milwaukee fan but they make a GREAT grinder. USA made to boot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
I had a dewalt angle grinder in UK about 10years ago. It also burnt out. It was only a week old and they wouldn't repair it under warranty. They said we wore it out from to much use!

I didn't think Milwaukee made heavy duty 13amp 4.5" grinders. They never used to.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Aaron Berk said:
Does it help that the radio was ........... FREE!!!! ha ha!!! My purchases qualified me for a free tunes box!!! So no harm no foul right? The whole looking a gift horse in the mouth thing, right?
I guess that's ok!
What do you think of the radio so far?

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
I had a dewalt angle grinder in UK about 10years ago. It also burnt out. It was only a week old and they wouldn't repair it under warranty. They said we wore it out from to much use!

I didn't think Milwaukee made heavy duty 13amp 4.5" grinders. They never used to.

Its a 5 inch but it will handle 4 1/2" wheels just fine.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-13-Amp-5-in-Small-Angle-Grinder-with-Lock-on-Paddle-Switch-6117-30/203405160?N=5yc1vZc2fvZzvZ1z0ui1x

·
Love me some Concrete
1,834 Posts
I have 3 - 4" Dewalt grinders and 1 - 7" Dewalt grinder, they get used and abused all the time, not a single problem with any of them.

I have the Bosch radio, good sound and battery life but the Ipod USB attachment doesn't work and there is no blue tooth...all my music is on my Ipod or Iphone, I HATE the radio stations we have in this area, so I hardly use mine. I went with bluetooth headphones

·
Nail Driving Fool
554 Posts
All I listen to is Christian radio, so it jams just fine for me. Sounds great playing Capital Kings and Skillet :thumbsup:
I've got the smaller 12v Bosch Radio. About all I listen to is a Classic Country station and talk shows. I guess if you were cranking heavy metal the Bosch would be a little out of its league, but it works for me.

Besides it gave me an excuse to buy a bunch of 12 volt Bosch tools to go along with it. :laughing::whistling

·
Registered
159 Posts
How come no one has mentioned getting a Metabo? A good amount of welders swear by them that I've come to know. If my Makita ever dies, I will definitely get a Metabo. They seem to handle metal shavings and silica dust comparatively well from what I hear.

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,292 Posts
How come no one has mentioned getting a Metabo? A good amount of welders swear by them that I've come to know. If my Makita ever dies, I will definitely get a Metabo. They seem to handle metal shavings and silica dust comparatively well from what I hear.
I have a Metabo 4-1/2. I only use it on tile and stone. The variable speed makes it perfect for polishing. The discussion is about $100 grinders - Metabo doesn't fit that catagory.

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
Already checked them before i bought the dewalt. They also don't make a heavy duty 4.5". I think theirs was a 9amp. Im sure the Makita will be ok. If it lasts as long as the old one i had then im a happy man.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Its specifically for my concrete grinding wheel and shroud. The RAS is nice but def not powerful enough for them grinding wheels. I'm surprised my 7amp makita held out for as long as it did.
Buy one of these ya cheap prick. :laughing:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
The only scary part is the price...

Better go hat in hand to the wife for this one!

4361 - 4380 of 19162 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.