Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 4415 Posts

·
Registered
15,294 Posts
I wanted to update my gule game,, did I get the right one:blink:
Well can't get a pic up,,,
it's this one, https://www.gluegun.com/collections/pam-glue-guns/products/pam-hb-220-glue-gun
I haven’t messed with hot glue in construction....how does it fair over a CA glue and activator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have that glue gun (bought mine when it was still PamTite). Very nice gun, but it is not the best thing for trim work. The glue has to much body to allow for tight joints. We use it for making templates with drywall shim and tacking on drawer faces. It great for that odd piece of tile also.

If youre looking for something that is closer to CA glue and "white glues", you'll want HyPur.

https://www.hotmelt.com/products/titebond-hipurformer-hot-melt-gun

Hopefully Justin sees this, I believe he now uses a commercial air powered HyPur gun for all his trim pre-assembles.

Tom

·
Always Learning
8,878 Posts
Oh ,, that's nice. Do you screw down all of your subfloors?
Yep. We do it right away. Only use 8 penny nails to tack. We have done it this way for as long as we have been in business. Used a Senco gun for years. Just got the PamFast by Fastenmaster. I was a little hesitant because of their proprietary screws and bits but they do not strip or break so I think it is worth it. We have 3100 square ft of Advantech to install next month so this setup will get a workout.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,977 Posts
Is that a PamFast quick drive on the end?? I looks just like the Grabber SuperDrive.

·
Registered
19,226 Posts
And you screw all of this extra plywood down for tile? Is this correct?

I think you told me no one does mud floors in your area.
Is this correct? :laughing:

My OCD kick in :smile:

·
Always Learning
8,878 Posts
And you screw all of this extra plywood down for tile? Is this correct?

I think you told me no one does mud floors in your area.
Is this correct? :laughing:

My OCD kick in
We do in a remodel situation if it needs it. We also screw our subflooring down as we frame in new construction. No we don't do any mud floors in my area.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Always Learning
8,878 Posts
Is that dewalt gun special for the pamfast or will any dewalt screwgun work?
Not special for the PamFast. It is Dewalts screwgun made for metal fastening according to their site. It just happens to work with the extension. I do not think the drywall guns would work..to fast on the rpms and not enough torque.

·
test
3,379 Posts
Last time the rep at the lumber yard was demonstrating the Pamtite gun they were using a Milwaukee. I think they were even throwing it in the deal.
I know a couple framers that got them for free when got a big amount of screws..
A larger outfit got all senco nailers and screw guns for free as long as they got the ammo from senco.. but they spent probably 100k in fasteners a year haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1261 - 1280 of 4415 Posts