Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
67,347 Posts
Isn't that bonded?

An Earthed neutral is a ground.

·
Administrator
67,347 Posts
Isn't the neutral tied to ground at the transformer?

Mike.
The neutral and the ground are essentially the same thing. Main difference is the ground isn't suppose to carry current unless there is a fault in the system, and the neutral is a current carrying conductor. They are bonded in the circuit breaker box.

·
I like Green things
23,081 Posts
The neutral and the ground are essentially the same thing. Main difference is the ground isn't suppose to carry current unless there is a fault in the system, and the neutral is a current carrying conductor. They are bonded in the circuit breaker box.
There are exceptions, but it's in odd commercial supplies mostly

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
67,347 Posts
It's just a technicality I guess. Because the neutral is bonded to the ground wire which is Earthed. So essentially the neutral wire is Earthed. But that's not the way it should stated.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Got a new spray gun (not my hand. It's in my helpers hand) graco silver plus.......with a flat tip (old school not reversible tip).

Sweetmother of Mary! Dang near no overspray. Can get just inches away from the sidewalk. No drop cloth. Just use shield for the last couple of inches! Overspray is still possible if your technique is off. At the same time was using another machine with low pressure tip. Still lots of overspray.

A guy on YouTube is a cranky old dude......but tons of info on the art of painting. (Mike the painter) he hates reverse tips. Extension tubes and swivel heads (all tons of overspray) he was right.

·
test
3,379 Posts
I think I needed a die grinder:jester:
I was replacing my struts and the bolt was not coming off the frame after trying torchs, grinders, sawzall, and hour later I said " screw it I need a die grinder " took 1 min. really suprised me when the strut dropped. really well priced compared to Milwaukee and dewalt. well worth the 100 bucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1241 - 1260 of 4415 Posts