Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
Just to demonstrate that there are many ways to skin a cat... I have my helper hold the track on slippery material! :whistling

We also use foam to cut on. We have several different sizes from 2' x 4' to 2' x 2'. Transports easily in smaller pieces.
I do the same, I have 2' x 4' blocks of 1" foam. Easier to store and transport.

Leo - let us know how you would attach the cups to the tracks

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
I think it depends on where you work, since it's so densely populated here I dont have to go far to find a great place to eat. Rare that I have to go more than a mile.

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
I don't get using the Pack Out stuff, they are heavy when empty must be difficult to move when filled especially up stairs and then you still have to open them up and spread them out just to see where everything is. I guess if you are at the same site for weeks it may be easier, but I'm not.

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
I also work in a few condo's where you are not allowed to bring anything with wheels though the lobby because of the marble floors. It's a major production to use the service entrance and have the elevators padded, have to set date 3 days in advance. Easier to carry tools

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
I got it for $200. Couldn’t pass it up. I have the old 10” too, this will make a nice daily and the 10” when I set up a station. I’ll look into the Bosch. I’m just trying to keep my cordless setups to brand specific to keep from having so many different batteries and chargers I need to lug around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
think they were $250 new when they first came out when I bought one. I had 2 stolen, well one, my plumber caught the other guy running down the street with it. Very good saw

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
I've been wanting these for a while and finally got around to ordering them.

I have some insulation issues in my 1962 ranch...

The 54 is in the master shower (exterior wall) and the 47 reading is at the outside corner of the house/ master bedroom. Thermostat was at 66 ast the time

- Rich
I had that Flir, lots of connectivity issues. I only worked when it felt like it, their solution was I needed to buy a new one after one year.

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
Liked them so much I bought 3! Rated for 1800lbs each.

Mike.
___
where did you get them? I have a set in my truck for over 10 years, I would love to get another set. Nice and light and they dont take up much room.
Just write on the legs you need to close first, it will save time when you close the wrong ones first

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
How do you like Cabinet Vision for parts lists? I need to do something better than what I'm doing now of coming up with the numbers and writing them in my booklet. The problem with sketchup was it didn't have an easy way for a parts list...
There are many ways to do that in sketchup with extensions and making components, lots of videos on how to do it. I think Jay Bates has a few on Youtube

·
Registered
13,024 Posts
I've got 25 stair treads, 7' long that have been painted that I need to remove the paint from. I done a test area. Let heat gun bubble paint, then hit with paint scraper with very good results. My heat gun is a small cheapo. Would like to have something that spreads the heat wider to speed up the process. Anyone got any recomendations?
Milwaukee has one with a flat tip that goes over the send to widen the heat area

21 - 40 of 60 Posts