Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
481 - 500 of 4415 Posts

·
Hack
3,250 Posts
Finally got my new vest... Got ripped off on the one I ordered before Christmas... Found another one I liked on ebay.
I don't know how long this one will last... It's just a poly /cotton blend... But it's just for trim so if I get a year out of it I'll be satisfied.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Get those Metal brushes from Amazon. Dirt cheap
Everybody keeps going to cool tool stores, but yesterday I remembered that the cheap cheap stores have a few little things that I could use.
The little lady went for a tan, so I went in to the nearest dollar store to see what I could get.
Certainly not the best stuff in the world, but definitely useful.
Couple of things for the first aid kit, some different marking pencils, microfiber cloths, cheap batteries and glue brushes, note pads.... Just random crap I don't need at a premium price.
Oh, and I picked up some more Husky Connect organizers last week too.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
706 Posts
I bought a box of 100 of those brushes once and thought I was set for life but I'm actually running low.

One time I did trade some with a customer who had bought a "lifetime supply" of single edge razor blades.

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
67,347 Posts
I'm cheaper than those brushes. I used them for glue ups when I'm doing cope and stick cabinet doors. One brush usually lasts me over a year.

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Picked up another radial arm saw. 30 bucks cause its 3 phase.

If nothing else I gotta lietz blade.

Not sure when this was made, but it's pretty cheesy compared to my 40s vintage RAS.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Has to be post ‘45, has the Rockwell name on it.

Tom
It's throwing off a 70s vibe to me. Not a model or serial # anywhere to be found. But most of the 60s stuff was beefier, and the 80s seemed to have more plastic.

This does say made in USA on the motor though.

Just wish I could find a similar model pictured on OWWM or something.

·
Registered
14,372 Posts
These darn sales are costing me a fortune! Couldnt pass this up with the st patties day special with $100 off the concrete saw with 2 9ah batteries and a free flexvolt sawzall

I think im the first on the forum to get this little saw...haven’t seen anyone else post one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's cool. Dont need one, but I want one.

Milwaukie is falling way behind on new stuff lately.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
That's cool. Dont need one, but I want one.

Milwaukie is falling way behind on new stuff lately.

Considering this is my 6th concrete saw i would say that i dont “need” it either!!

This will be nice to bridge the gap between my gas saws and grinders plus i do alot of cuts in weird positions and this little guy is nice and light

I would say that dewalts flexvolt stuff is definitely a game changer for me. As a mason contractor I need all the big heavy duty stuff and dewalt has an edge with this line and I think Milwaukee definitely has an edge on the smaller more specialized tools

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
These darn sales are costing me a fortune! Couldnt pass this up with the st patties day special with $100 off the concrete saw with 2 9ah batteries and a free flexvolt sawzall

I think im the first on the forum to get this little saw...haven’t seen anyone else post one

I promptly put the little saw to work today cutting out brickwork for a door company to install a new slightly larger door and will say that i am totally impressed with the saw. Plenty of power, well balanced and it is nice not having to fire up the gas saw.

Obviously this is not going to replace the gas one for heavy duty stuff because the battery will have its limits but for quick sporadic cuts this thing is great. It will be really nice when working on scaffolding as well

So far i give it two thumbs up

·
Super Moderator
46,506 Posts
Bust some nuts!!! 1800 ft. Lb. Of torque!!

POWERSTATE Brushless Motor delivers up to 1,800 ft-lbs. Nut-Busting Torque, Making it the World's Most Powerful Cordless Impact Wrench
Up to 7 lbs. Lighter Weight allowing for less user fatigue
Eliminates Compressors and Generators, providing greater portability and lower cost of ownership
4-Mode DRIVE CONTROL provides greater control over output speed and power.
Integrated lanyard loop allows for safer use and easier storage
REDLINK PLUS Intelligence ensures maximum performance and protects from overloads, heating and over-discharge
ONE-KEY Compatible: Ability to Customize, Track and Manage tools for increased productivity and investment protection. Includes the ability to set a repeatable torque output for maximum control.
Handle rotates 270 degrees and easily adjusts without a tool
LED light to illuminate the work area
Premium rubber overmold withstands corrosive materials and provides increased comfort when in use
Compatible with all M18 batteries
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/2867-20

Mike.

·
Registered
14,372 Posts
Bust some nuts!!! 1800 ft. Lb. Of torque!!

POWERSTATE Brushless Motor delivers up to 1,800 ft-lbs. Nut-Busting Torque, Making it the World's Most Powerful Cordless Impact Wrench
Up to 7 lbs. Lighter Weight allowing for less user fatigue
Eliminates Compressors and Generators, providing greater portability and lower cost of ownership
4-Mode DRIVE CONTROL provides greater control over output speed and power.
Integrated lanyard loop allows for safer use and easier storage
REDLINK PLUS Intelligence ensures maximum performance and protects from overloads, heating and over-discharge
ONE-KEY Compatible: Ability to Customize, Track and Manage tools for increased productivity and investment protection. Includes the ability to set a repeatable torque output for maximum control.
Handle rotates 270 degrees and easily adjusts without a tool
LED light to illuminate the work area
Premium rubber overmold withstands corrosive materials and provides increased comfort when in use
Compatible with all M18 batteries
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/2867-20

Mike.

What do you use it for?

·
diplomat
5,292 Posts
Ohhhhhh... me likely. I have the older non fuel, thanks to Unger. But this one looks sweet indeed. Great for running 10 inch timberloks.

What do you use it for?

I think this is more for heavy industry use. Who even has 1" drive sockets?

Reactions: mrcat

·
Super Moderator
46,506 Posts
Ohhhhhh... me likely. I have the older non fuel, thanks to Unger. But this one looks sweet indeed. Great for running 10 inch timberloks.

What do you use it for?

I don't use it. Too much for anything I would need. It would twist heads off bolts. The largest bolts I use are 3/4" and the smaller one works fine for that. However there are times we are demoing stuff that have bolts with several layers of paint on them. This would do the trick. Even if it twisted the heads off. But it doesn't warrant buying one. A sawzall can make quick work of it.

Mike.

481 - 500 of 4415 Posts