Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
4301 - 4320 of 4415 Posts

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,980 Posts
Everything is from China. I gave up years ago. Call me what you will
You like many others seem to not know the difference between made in china and a chinese owned business. Milwaukee is owned by a chinese owned investment firm based in hong kong. Same with Skil brand.

·
Premium Member
1,914 Posts
You like many others seem to not know the difference between made in china and a chinese owned business. Milwaukee is owned by a chinese owned investment firm based in hong kong. Same with Skil brand.
You’re right, I didn’t know that. What g-darn difference does it make anyway. America sold out to China long before my actions could make a difference.

Even if I try to buy something made in America I find out that all the parts are manufactured in China or Mexico anyway.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
6,086 Posts
Messed up my grizzly planer when I was changing bearings. I was furious at myself for being a dumbass. So I left the shop & went the house. When the wife asked what I was so pisssed about, & I told her, her first response was, "you've been talking about upgrading planers, so nows the time. " My first phone call, was to Darcy to see if he had a planer I could buy. Nadda, but he located this one for me up near Chicago. Within an hour of being a dumbasss, I made a deal on a this 4300# behemoth & was in the truck headed north at 6 am the next day.

Got it wired up today & it just sets there & hums. Tomorrow, I'll work on reworking dust collection.

This morning, I done research on damaged parts & bearings for my 20" grizzly. A whopping $22 will have the other bearing & damaged gear replaced. It'll be for sale, along with a few other tools we outgrew.

Motor vehicle Engineering Gas Plant Machine
Motor vehicle Building Automotive design Automotive tire Engineering

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
26,428 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Found it on Amazon. Interesting...

Thanks. You have no idea how much I complain about different torx sizes. Sometimes I think I wish we still used philips screws. I didn't have to change bits all the time and look around for where I set the bit I just used two minute ago.
I love the torx screws but I used to just have one bit in my impact all day now I have a separate organizer for 10, 15, 20, 25,30,50 and square and philips. Number one and two of some bits.
Im sure I am forgetting a bunch but you get the idea. By the way I just ordered it.
thanks

·
Registered
Butcher of wood and metal
7,658 Posts
^^^^

Once you go left, you’ll never be right again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being ambidextrous that is never really bothered me. Get tied using g one hand switch to the other. Never could relate to the struggle some have only using one or the other.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
19,980 Posts
Being ambidextrous that is never really bothered me. Get tied using g one hand switch to the other. Never could relate to the struggle some have only using one or the other.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
A right handed person can't see the blade on a left handed saw..

4301 - 4320 of 4415 Posts