Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
4181 - 4200 of 4415 Posts

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
Shoulda got this one, the legs fold under, fits every router and has a very good fence. I have been using it on site for 2 years

I needed the extra dust containment. Where we are working there is no place to use as a "shop". Either in the house, or in the manicured back yard. Plus, it was the only decent unit available locally.

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,027 Posts
Here's one for you guys. I'm looking for a small fixed saw with a clamp that can hold an empty brass case and has enough power to cut through the solid brass end of a case. These aren't being used for reloading, just art projects.

I tried one of these but it doesn't have enough power.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Here's one for you guys. I'm looking for a small fixed saw with a clamp that can hold an empty brass case and has enough power to cut through the solid brass end of a case. These aren't being used for reloading, just art projects.

Bandsaw?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I've been keeping my eye out for a small fixed descending bandsaw (like a chop saw style) but they don't really make them very small. I might have to pick up a larger unit, we'll see.

There is a company that makes a whole line up of small craft tools, almost miniature tools. The name escapes me right now but there are also knock offs of their tools on Ebay also

Proxxon is the name

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

Looks like that could be usefully for cutting tile edging

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Fell off the wagon this week.
Picked up the M18 router Monday and today
View attachment 526945
I’ve got three Trex decks starting next week so I figured it was time to add to the coolaid collection.
I was pleasantly surprised with this saw. Much easier cutting joists to length and so much better than a miter saw for picture framing.
Also nice being able to use it on the long tracks to trim the edge of the deck boards. No more worries about the vac and ts55 tripping breakers.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Picked up some more scaffold sections today, I think this should be enough now for anything I might want to do

I need to pick up some more adjustable feet, I only have 4 of them. Maybe a few extra cross braces since he didn't have enough for what I grabbed today

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
What did that cost you? Those are pretty raggedy. Not sure what OSHA would think around here about those.

I have a local guy who sells USA made units to contractors after a few years because DIY'ers only want to rent new and shiny ones, and he rents mainly to DIY'ers. They are like new with maybe a bit of paint or masonry on them. The decks may need redone, eventually, but they are OSHA safe.

Those look a bit rusty. Very rusty in some places.

That being said, scaffolding is one of the best investments I ever made. I don't know how I made it all these years without it.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Not sure what OSHA would think around here about those.

but they are OSHA safe.
Obviously yes if they are completely rusted besides just surface rust then structurally the frame is compromise however all of my frames are rusty but none of them are structurally defective

OSHA is more concerned with erecting it properly and having Proper fall protection, toe boards, tie offs and proper ladder access

And Using proper scaffolding planks, not 2x8s or job site lumber

All scaple planking must be properly labeled as OSHA approved DI 65 scaffold planks

David

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Too rusty, compromises the strength.
I guess that would be discretionary, I just had OSHA on my job late last year with my rusty frames and he didn’t say a thing about it. He did take exception to the way it was built and not having proper fall protection

Take those frames pictured above and splatter a bunch of mortar on them and that’s what my scaffold frames look like

David

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
That lot was $250, mostly just surface rust. Tapping on them didn't reveal any questionable sounds.

I have 4 other full sections with catwalks that I paid around $700 for I think?

It gets me enough to be happy with and not worry about having to rent them the one or two times a year I need them. I already billed out enough on 2 jobs to more than cover the first ones I got

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

4181 - 4200 of 4415 Posts