Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
3861 - 3880 of 3899 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Have you figured out a way to keep the labels stuck? I have a label maker and the labels don't seem to stay on for very long.
Do you clean with rubbing alcohol prior? That should help

On my old rigid boxes I used one of those white markers, that actually worked pretty well. I haven't done anything with my packouts yet

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Have you figured out a way to keep the labels stuck? I have a label maker and the labels don't seem to stay on for very long.

·
Pro
6,761 Posts
9k#, 16'X4' wall Lamar DL83X16-48 dump trailer. This will take a few years to pay for itself in dump fees.

I might end up using it for small sand loads and firewood after clearing the land for the sand mine we're trying to get going. Doesn't get much sand though, but that's really just if needed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
587 Posts

So do I have a problem. Second old worm drive sander in 2 weeks. The first one was local and I was able to make sure it worked. This one is a crap shoot off ebay. Just really impressed with the porter cable 503 and wanted to see how the skil stacks up. Maybe I’ll have to go cold turkey after this one. I know, that’s what they all say.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts

·
Pro
6,761 Posts
Simpson Strong-Tie QUIKSTIK Rafter and Truss Fastening System w/Case

FYI.

We love the ease of use this tool provides for installing truss screws. However, the hex driver tip has a standard connection format designed for quick connection with drills.

We've now broke two in the same spot. The rounded out area on the connection driver is the weak spot on this tool.

The tool can still be used but without staying connected to gun.

We originally used a Milwaukee 18v 1/2 heavy duty gun, which was overkill and heavy.

We switched to a medium duty gun which can handle driving multiple screws until a building is complete, 75-100.

The 1/4 impacts are not strong enough to do this many in concession without getting too hot.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3861 - 3880 of 3899 Posts