·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
58,620 Posts
And yet he talked about it.

·
Registered
587 Posts

Found this 503 for $60. Works great, remembered how much I hate replacing power cords. These are worm drive sanders and were selling for up to a thousand bucks when they stopped making them in 2009. Even found they stock belts at the orange store. Ordered a new dust collection bag that I’ll have to modify to fit. Looking for a local source for skil worm drive oil. Lumber yard doesn’t carry any. I’m liking it more than my Bosch 4x24, very balanced side to side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,385 Posts

Found this 503 for $60. Works great, remembered how much I hate replacing power cords. These are worm drive sanders and were selling for up to a thousand bucks when they stopped making them in 2009. Even found they stock belts at the orange store. Ordered a new dust collection bag that I’ll have to modify to fit. Looking for a local source for skil worm drive oil. Lumber yard doesn’t carry any. I’m liking it more than my Bosch 4x24, very balanced side to side.

does home Depot no longer carry Skil worm drive oil? they always used to

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,824 Posts

Where do you put the bread?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Just did a search and doesn’t look like HD stocks it now. Found it on the Amazon but rather pick it up local.

I've seen it at lowes in the past

Seems like something an older hardware store would have, covered in dust on the bottom shelf

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
The Dude
Untangler of blue spaghetti
3,343 Posts
View attachment 518884

Upgraded my screwdriver game. Texture tips for my pleasure.
I got the Klein screwdriver handle bottle opener. Never just loved Kleins handles, but good for a lot of torque. They just feel like holding a barrel. Love the snap-on hard handles, but I'm not spending 200 bucks on 8 screwdrivers. Those Weras look weird, never held one though they might feel good in the hand. Look like a b-plug though :D

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
I upgraded from sidewinders to the dewalt 60v rear handle when they came out.

I've got 2 worm drives and a sidewinder (All corded) that have been relegated to the dust bin. Been thinking about liquidating them on Craigslist. Haven't used any of em in years. Seems like unrolling a cord is such a thing of the past.
I'd shed a tear though if I had to sell my oldest wormdrive. One of my first tool purchases in the 90s

·
Registered
Unbuilder of Eyesores
1,824 Posts
Replaced my crappy old gerber. The pliers on these resist twisting/racking much better, plus they are spring loaded for one handed operation. All tools are accessible with pliers stowed. Only thing I don’t like is it only came with a molle sheath which is a pretty sloppy fit on a belt, I’m going to buy a different sheath.
Bicycle part Metal Composite material Auto part Titanium
Gun accessory Gun barrel Metal Fashion accessory Titanium
Tool Household hardware Hand tool Wood Blade

3841 - 3860 of 3899 Posts