Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
3701 - 3720 of 3736 Posts

·
The Dude
2,756 Posts
It was always the upper edges of the pouches. We milked those things forever. Then rerivet them, etc.
I'm a tool buying addict, so I buy new ones when they get kinda bad. Probably before I really need to. Then again ... that could go toward new tools instead of replacement tools - the dilema!!!

This week - I got a rototiller, a hiller / furrower attachment, a pressure washer, a new tool belt - not that I NEEDED one, but I wanted a padded nylon instead of leather one. I'm sure theres more. Oh right - got a new wire mapping tool, finally replaced my crappy toner with a Fluke, got some random things - and that new hammer.

Saw a rake that's sized for my beds - I held back, got to save some for next week.

·
Pro
6,313 Posts
When you're early 20s and running your framing business, penny pinching mattered.

I just bought a bunch if tools as well, but to replace what was stolen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
The Dude
2,756 Posts
When you're early 20s and running your framing business, penny pinching mattered.

I just bought a bunch if tools as well, but to replace what was stolen.
Yeah, early 20's I was a cheapskate. Had a box full of snap-on gear ripped off, was subbing jobs where I had to buy a lot of gear on a low budget. Squeezed the eagle til it screamed for sure.

Ugh - a tool theft :/ There is not much I hate worse than a tool thief. What all did those no good somanabeshes get you for? I hope your insurance covered it. I also hope whoever stole them cuts off their friggin fingers, and nails themselves to some framing with their ill gotten "treasures" so they can't get to a doc. Or at least OD on the dope they bought with the money they got pawning them.

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,514 Posts
Someone stole the Ramset XT 540:mad:

Reactions: hdavis

·
The Dude
2,756 Posts
You guys are brutal! :D

Leave my opossum alone Tin, he's my buddy! The racoon on the other hand, go right ahead. The tail makes a good brush to keep the tools clean too.

·
The Dude
2,756 Posts
Fell of the wagon again.
I’m excited to give it a try tomorrow. Shot a few nails when I got home tonight and was impressed. Definitely heavy though.
Somebody was saying - if you're gonna be shooting paslode HDG, you're gonna have to get extended mag, or clip 3 off the strips. So there's something else you're gonna have to fall off the wagon for.

·
Always Learning
8,744 Posts
We have been using the Milwaukee a bit lately. It sinks nails better than any cordless I have used!!! LVLs are no problem. It's heavy!!!

3701 - 3720 of 3736 Posts