Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3461 - 3480 of 3513 Posts

·
I like Green things
23,031 Posts
Yes. I know someone who has the previous model, he went from the Foreman (the one we currently use) to the TSM 21, says the difference is day and night. We'll see.

They do have a 57K unit.

Tom
The Castle machines were the originators and are great little machines.

Surprises me you could get your hands on one currently

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,872 Posts
The Castle machines were the originators and are great little machines.

Surprises me you could get your hands on one currently

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I ordered it expecting a wait. They called me, said they had someone cancel on this one. Told them to send it, they shipped it the same day.

Tom

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Went with the Kombi, our weed whacker died so it made sense. Actually got the grass trimmer, the guy said it's the same head just spend $30 and get the weed whacker head for it, then I have both the grass trimmer and the weed whacker.
Screenshot_20210510-104810~2.png

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Love my Kombi.

Have an edger, a string head, the straight hedge trimmer, (get the articulating one), pole pruner and the power scythe.

They all work great. The power scythe is a disappointment though. Too short, but is more heavy duty than the articulating hedge trimmer. Already had the straight, so opted for the scythe.

The hedge trimmer is awesome for blackberries. It's Ike a light saber.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Love my Kombi.

Have an edger, a string head, the straight hedge trimmer, (get the articulating one), pole pruner and the power scythe.

They all work great. The power scythe is a disappointment though. Too short, but is more heavy duty than the articulating hedge trimmer. Already had the straight, so opted for the scythe.

The hedge trimmer is awesome for blackberries. It's Ike a light saber.

There were 4 different motors, I got the 2nd most powerful. Seems like it's running slow, like it should have more RPMs. Does yours seem this way? I cut a couple 2" to 3" limbs and it did it, but it seems kinda slow.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
25,833 Posts
I'm gonna be a pita...

Personally, I would have gone with a dedicated, gas, long reach chainsaw...as shown in the video.
I've spoken to too may people/customers that bought the "it slices, it dices, it makes julienne fries" models that just don't perform that well.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: mattsk8

·
Pro
5,445 Posts
Mine has more power than it needs, which is why I mentioned the fixed pole model as it should be lighter and have a better pole.

I have an extra extension as well, which probably adds a little weight in the connection.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
There were 4 different motors, I got the 2nd most powerful. Seems like it's running slow, like it should have more RPMs. Does yours seem this way? I cut a couple 2" to 3" limbs and it did it, but it seems kinda slow.
Yeah. Mine seems slow as well. I got the top end one, due to the massive brush and blackberries we deal with constantly.

It believe it runs slower, but with more torque. Always seems like it should go that little more rpm and smooth out, but doesn't. I should call my shop and ask.

Also, after a while you need to adjust the throttle cable once it is run for a bunch of hours.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Mine has more power than it needs, which is why I mentioned the fixed pole model as it should be lighter and have a better pole.

I have an extra extension as well, which probably adds a little weight in the connection.

Do you have a Kombi or a straight up pole pruning saw?

This worked, no complaints but it is a smidge underpowered for the pruning saw. It cuts but I imagine once the blade gets duller, it won't cut well at all.

I guess the model up from the head I bought, which is the highest power engine, is 30% more powerful than the one I got. I might swap mine out, it's $50 more and they have a 7 day satisfaction guarantee.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
I'd swap. Also, get the carbon fiber extension. It saves some weight up front, but it isn't cheap for sure.

·
Pro
5,445 Posts
Do you have a Kombi or a straight up pole pruning saw?

This worked, no complaints but it is a smidge underpowered for the pruning saw. It cuts but I imagine once the blade gets duller, it won't cut well at all.

I guess the model up from the head I bought, which is the highest power engine, is 30% more powerful than the one I got. I might swap mine out, it's $50 more and they have a 7 day satisfaction guarantee.
I cut a 1" hole in an old 10" miter saw blade to take down smaller trees too. That gets a little hairy, but the long arm keeps it away from my legs...

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,014 Posts
Bunch of suckers going out and buying "proper" tools like routers and straight edges. All you need is a steady hand!

On another note, I need to take my impact in for warranty. It started going forward even when in reverse. Something ain't right.

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,698 Posts
New 18 guage floor nailer & floor jack. Had a nailer stolen a year or so ago, so it was time to replace it. Got 1400' of engineered hardwood to lay.Didn't really need another jack, but the package special was so reasonable, I couldn't not buy it.

3461 - 3480 of 3513 Posts