Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3401 - 3420 of 3513 Posts

·
1 on 2
Mason
313 Posts
Thanks Pounder.
I feel better now, the fever broke. I can see clearly again.
Now, what size blade did that wormdrive Skil take again?

😂😂

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,230 Posts
I found someone selling a K770 14" Husqvarna used with a new blade for 500.00. I'm going to have a look tomorrow.

Mike.
___

·
1 on 2
Mason
313 Posts
That could be a deal and a half. They come in handy for cutting alot of things.

If you use that for your job, go real gently with the terra cotta. There's more vibration and bounce compared to electric saw. If tiles aren't bedded well, cracking is possible. Even if bedded well, too.

Without tiles, this is my first choice hands down.

·
Registered
632 Posts
How well do you think it would work on 6 - 16"x16"x3.5" squares?

Mike.
___
I think it would work great. It’s the Makita 4114. Done a bunch of small cutouts like you’re talking about. It will take longer to do then a gas saw. About 25% longer I would guess.
I do a lot of interior work were we can’t use the gas saws unless we want to kill ourself...

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
I prefer to call my concrete cutting guy.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Problem with a concrete cutting guy is they are usually a few weeks out. I have never had a good one and you always need a guy there to supervise and make sure they don't ruin stuff. I actually use my plumber and/or his stuff as he does it all the time. He has the makita 14" electric and I cut thru 6" of real stone veneer in 2 passes no problem. I bought some pricey blades and only used 1 he got the rest.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,230 Posts
It has wheels and it's not that heavy. 28lbs.

I like the idea of the wheels for better accuracy.

Mike.
___

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
My weight comment was about the Milwaukee Mx fuel battery concrete saw,

I don’t believe that it has wheels and it weighs a ton. I tried it last year at the world of concrete and couldn’t see myself getting one since I have to hold a saw for most of my cuts

Sawing a brick wall

Your makita 4 stroke is on the heavy side as well but it doesn’t compare to the Milwaukee fuel, obviously the battery adds a lot to the saw

The weight doesn’t matter as much if you are doing low ground cutting with it

David

3401 - 3420 of 3513 Posts