Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
321 - 340 of 4415 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Yeah.. It's a Jimmy rigged unit I put together. One of my first personal builds... I don't use it more than once every couple of years, but I hold on to it because of the little bit of work I put in to it.

And I'm a hoarder...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Just picked snagged one of these for $50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Who draws on paper anymore and they take up too much room
I also used them back in the 70s
It's satisfying to draw on paper because you actually have to think about things before you commit.
I enjoy the process.

Hand drawings also have a certain beautiful quality that is difficult to describe.
It cannot be replicated on a screen.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hand drawing is a different way of thinking. I would wager that the majority of architects do conceptual drawing by hand then move to digital drafting for construction documents.

If we say that the ideas come from the brain, not the tool then this is a way to access an analog creativity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Remodel
35,657 Posts
Who draws on paper anymore and they take up too much room
I also used them back in the 70s
I'll still hand draw. I still have a portable drafting table. From there, It's CAD.

Hand drawing forces you to think things through before you start, or you'll waste a huge amount of time.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Just ordered this jigsaw, I hope my Collins foot fits.

Also picked up the Master Farce track saw for $180. It works ok, dust collection is ok. The rail is in 4 sections so every time you cross a joint the movement stiffens. You have to tighten the saw fit to the track on every cut. It came with 2 new frisbee golf discs, I’ll have to try them out next summer. The blade mandrel thingy that holds the blade tight sticks out too far or something so I had to flip the “washer” around or the blade would spin freely. Not sure what the deal is there. Defective?

Attachments

·
World's Tallest Midget
725 Posts
Got my surebonder m18 batteryto ryobi tool adapter in.
18ga stapler seems to shoot with more authority now.
Cant wait to see if it will work in the cold, which was a major issue for the cordless ryobi guns.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Damn, had no idea this existed. I’ve always wished Milwaukee had more homeowner-y tools, I’ll have to pick one of these up.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Damn, had no idea this existed. I’ve always wished Milwaukee had more homeowner-y tools, I’ll have to pick one of these up.
I’ve had the surebonder for 18V makita batteries for a while now. The only ryobi tools I have are the tire inflator and the caulk gun, the caulk gun already broke. Now that I have the M12 system I’ll get a Milwaukee tire inflator and give away my ryobi crap. Looks like M12 has everything ryobi has.

321 - 340 of 4415 Posts