Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3341 - 3360 of 3476 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,019 Posts
Do all rod eyes (rotary laser receivers) work universally with each brand as long as the laser color is the same ?

Mike.
___

·
Eater of sins.
4,545 Posts
I bought a Ridgid 18/24 volt hand planer, $30.00 with an 18 volt battery online with the habitat for Humanity today and when I picked it up I found a Delta sliding miter sled, new in the box never taken out. They priced it at $85.00 and I got that for $60.00.

I never even knew that Ridgid at one time had 24 volt tools but they did.

Ridgid 18-24 V plane.jpg
delta sliding miter jig.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do all rod eyes (rotary laser receivers) work universally with each brand as long as the laser color is the same ?

Mike.
___
Not sure on rotaries but we just picked up the Dewalt green detector and it only works on Dewalt lasers. We tried it on the Bosch and Hiltis and nothing. Apparently the new Stabila will pick up any red or green , so that’s next on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,019 Posts
Not sure on rotaries but we just picked up the Dewalt green detector and it only works on Dewalt lasers. We tried it on the Bosch and Hiltis and nothing. Apparently the new Stabila will pick up any red or green , so that’s next on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I have a stabila LAR200 and wanted to pick up another rodeye. Nice to be able to maintain more than one elevation. Ended up just spending the money and getting an extra one. 300 bucks but it is nice.

Mike.
___

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,019 Posts
Was looking at this one, but I don't think it has the measurement reading to tell you how far off elevation you are. That's an outstanding feature. So I went with Stabila.

Mike.
___

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
1,066 Posts
Was looking at this one, but I don't think it has the measurement reading to tell you how far off elevation you are. That's an outstanding feature. So I went with Stabila.

Mike.
___
My Stabila receiver doesn't have a measurement readout, just a basic arrow. Biggest reason I barely use it compared to my Hilti. Plus I've just always used Hilti in my career so... familiarity helps.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,019 Posts
That measurement reading is a great feature. Don't know how I went without it for so many years when I did commercial form-setting.

Mike.
___

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,019 Posts
That readout receiver comes with this Laser which is a great level.

Mike.
___

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
1,066 Posts
We have the Stabila LAR 160G. It's as basic as they come I think, budget option. I've always had the read out formsetting, on either Hilti or Spectra lasers. It's a great feature, really helps to know if it's worth putting in a bunch of effort because the laser is beeping at you, but it's only 1-2mm...

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,019 Posts
My age takes me back before lasers. We shot everything in with a builders level or a transit. I remember the first laser my company bought. It was $10,000.00.

The good ole days!

Mike.
___

·
Safety Third
Red Seal Carpenter
1,066 Posts
My age takes me back before lasers. We shot everything in with a builders level or a transit. I remember the first laser my company bought. It was $10,000.00.

The good ole days!

Mike.
___
I like to use a builders level or theodolite, but lasers are just so fast. For that money now, you can get the Hilti automated total station, and walk around with an iPad getting all your points shot lol

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I like to use a builders level or theodolite, but lasers are just so fast. For that money now, you can get the Hilti automated total station, and walk around with an iPad getting all your points shot lol

yeah that's what they're using to lay out all the big jobs I'm on these days. so fast and accurate

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,014 Posts
I bought a Milwaukee impact to replace an old out of warranty impact 2 years ago. Now the new one needs warranty replacement. It's funny, the tools that get beat on the most just keep plugging along and the ones with an easy life are the ones I need to replace or repair the most.

·
Shingler extraordinaire
Sales Estimator/ Project Manager
9,783 Posts
Pretty sweet deals right now on acme tools. Just ordered a Makita 18vx2 chainsaw with 4 batteries and a charger for $409 they are adding 2 batteries on top of the 4 for a total of 6 batteries and free shipping on orders over $199.

Looks like a few other pretty sweet deals too.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

3341 - 3360 of 3476 Posts