Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3281 - 3293 of 3293 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you made the 2 X 4's on top of those Burros a few inches longer, you would have an easier place to use a clamp when clamping something to them.

I mention this only because I have seen too many EBCOs with 2 X 4's flush with the ends giving no place at all to use a clamp.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I got my Burro sawhorses set up with a sacrificial 1 X 4. With a little modification, I was able to reuse the carpeted caps that I made for working on finished doors.

I added a dab of hot glue to the dowels to keep them from falling out of the springs and hot glued an extension onto the velcro straps using a piece of a velcro cord wrap that I had lying around.

DSC04634.JPG

·
Premium Member
Honolulu, Hawaii
18,107 Posts
I got my Burro sawhorses set up with a sacrificial 1 X 4. With a little modification, I was able to reuse the carpeted caps that I made for working on finished doors.

I added a dab of hot glue to the dowels to keep them from falling out of the springs and hot glued an extension onto the velcro straps using a piece of a velcro cord wrap that I had lying around.

View attachment 510764
Where do you hang your saw?

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
42,639 Posts

View attachment 510764
I don't see those dowels falling out, but the glue can't hurt.

Mike.
___

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
I have had mine for more then 10 years and the dowels have never moved
one thing i did do is write on the legs which ones fold in first

·
Registered
555 Posts
Maybe they changed something. The dowels seemed a little loose when the legs are folded and one did fall out when I put it back in the box.

I'm on the east coast so I use a sidewinder without a hanging hook.

3281 - 3293 of 3293 Posts