Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3293 Posts

·
Shingler extraordinaire
9,706 Posts
Looks like the torque app.
Torque pro doesn't hold a candle to this. Torque is OK for a monitor but this thing does buzz tests, contribution tests, commands on off all kinds of things and pulls codes from all the systems Whether your check engine light is on or not. Near dealership level diagnostics.

Tjbnwi recommended it to me.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Contractor
7,276 Posts
We have that tool, works great and has saved probably a couple grand on diagnostic fees between myself and a buddy, we split the cost.

Between us I think we deal with 7 or 8 trucks.

I'm guessing you bought the Ford package?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Shingler extraordinaire
9,706 Posts
We have that tool, works great and has saved probably a couple grand on diagnostic fees between myself and a buddy, we split the cost.

Between us I think we deal with 7 or 8 trucks.

I'm guessing you bought the Ford package?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I did get the Ford package

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
You’ll love having it. If it’s anything computer controlled, it’ll tell you what’s up.
I was having an issue with hard boiled eggs (I used to live at sea level), I didn’t have a thermometer at the time, so I plugged AE into my Ex, got the EBP reading with the engine off. This gave me barometric pressure where I was located. From there I could calculate water boiling temp and BTU’s....solved my hard boiled egg problem....

Tom

·
Registered
154 Posts
M-er f-ers at Home Depot.... put the rear handle Makita 7 1/4" on sale for $249 w/charger and 4 batteries just seen now.

All while I'm losing my mind trying to figure the release date for the 40v,(April 1st perhaps) I'm trying to hold out but with my luck the HD deal will be gone immediately and the 40v won't come out until July.....

F%^K!!!!

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
42,639 Posts
Those black tools wouldn't fly out here.

Also it gets to a point where power isn't what your look for in a tool anymore. There's enough power and too much can be a thing.

Mike.
___

·
Shingler extraordinaire
9,706 Posts
M-er f-ers at Home Depot.... put the rear handle Makita 7 1/4" on sale for $249 w/charger and 4 batteries just seen now.

All while I'm losing my mind trying to figure the release date for the 40v,(April 1st perhaps) I'm trying to hold out but with my luck the HD deal will be gone immediately and the 40v won't come out until July.....

F%^K!!!!
That's worth getting for the batteries

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
49,870 Posts
The ad I see is $249 for the tool, 2 batteries and charger. And 2 more batteries are $149 which is $40 cheaper than if you just went and bought 2 batteries.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The ad I see is $249 for the tool, 2 batteries and charger. And 2 more batteries are $149 which is $40 cheaper than if you just went and bought 2 batteries.
Yeah, I wonder if any idiots are buying the standard kit, bare tool, or just batteries right now.... I had to do it even though I'm mostly Milwaukee cordless- through trial and error I learned that 1 battery platform alone sucks.

·
Registered
GC
483 Posts
Those black tools wouldn't fly out here.

Also it gets to a point where power isn't what your look for in a tool anymore. There's enough power and too much can be a thing.

Mike.
___
I'll have to have a look before I decide. Shorter charge times, more run time, both good things. It would have to pretty compelling for me to change as I already have several thousand tied up in DeWalt tools and batteries.

3241 - 3260 of 3293 Posts