Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
261 - 280 of 4415 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Souped up my vacuum :laughing:

Put a K&N filter on it along with a 50' cord. Musta added 10 HP :whistling

Ya, you're all asking why, aren't you.

Air in equals air out. 130 CFM in is 130 CFM out. A pretty powerful stream of air comes out the opposite side of the vacuum when it's operating. Blows the dust around, the dust I'm trying to collect. Looked for a filter with 1 1/4" opening and this fit the ticket. It doesn't restrict air flow that much, maybe a couple 10ths of a percent, if that. And the stream of air is dissipated extremely well.
Needs one of these now

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
46,505 Posts
Got a new 716xps. Put the spinners and stereo in it. Bosch big gulp dust collection, infinity zero clearance, ez fence, Amana blade. More money in accessories than what the saw cost.

Does that fence impede the dust collection?

Mike.

·
Artist and not a curator
17,665 Posts
Does that fence impede the dust collection?

Mike.

I know theoretically it shouldn't because it's a strict downward motion but seems like it could cause some effect on the dust collection.

I'm getting closer to going with a fixed 12". Although I did see the new Makita 10" slider today and a guy I was talking to said he is going to sell his kapex and keep the new Makita. He said with the large dust boot dust collection it is camparable to the kapex. I never really looked at the makitas until this guy was raving about it and he does a lot of stuff with ipe.

I'm kinda moving away from festool as far as their saws go. The other companies are just catching up nowadays and if you're going to go all out just buy mafell.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
That ez fence looks like the cats azz and , they have one to fit my dewalt slider .

·
Super Moderator
46,505 Posts
I too am interested.

I know theoretically it shouldn't because it's a strict downward motion but seems like it could cause some effect on the dust collection.

I'm getting closer to going with a fixed 12". Although I did see the new Makita 10" slider today and a guy I was talking to said he is going to sell his kapex and keep the new Makita. He said with the large dust boot dust collection it is camparable to the kapex. I never really looked at the makitas until this guy was raving about it and he does a lot of stuff with ipe.

I'm kinda moving away from festool as far as their saws go. The other companies are just catching up nowadays and if you're going to go all out just buy mafell.

I love my Makita front rail slider. My guys love it too.

Mike.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I didn't find it to impede any dust collection. If it did you could always open them up slightly. I hooked it all up today and was shocked at how much dust it collected. Felt like a kapex. I will try and remember to take a video of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
That ipe guy sounds like me. That's what I did. You won't go wrong. DC is just as good as K. Cali might still have the vids I sent him. Mike if you do and feel up to feel free to post.
I too am interested.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Did you add the Bosch dust boot? It makes a world of difference.
I didn't find it to impede any dust collection. If it did you could always open them up slightly. I hooked it all up today and was shocked at how much dust it collected. Felt like a kapex. I will try and remember to take a video of it tomorrow.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

261 - 280 of 4415 Posts